Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful car, I wonder how they will spin it this time.
So the person in charge of deliveries in SD got a hold of supervisors from various different departments and nobody had an answer as to why my VIN was pulled, her theory is that it is just a glitch in the system or there is something wrong with the car, she is working on getting it sorted out and if it does happen to be some random glitch she is hoping to be able to release the car to me, I am not very hopeful that this will happen though. She said she will get back to me today or tomorrow... We shall see.

Last edited:
So the person in charge of deliveries in SD got a hold of supervisors from various different departments and nobody had an answer as to why my VIN was pulled, her theory is that it is just a glitch in the system or there is something wrong with the car, she is working on getting it sorted out and if it does happen to be some random glitch she is hoping to be able to release the car to me, I am not very hopeful that this will happen though. She said she will get back to me today or tomorrow... We shall see.
Have you heard anything back from them?

Mine too. White sport east coast. ISA stated same thing about logistics and getting car faster or same schedule. VIN was 157xx (I think).

Mine is white, sport, East Coast. VIN assigned Monday 4/2, disappeared Thursday 4/5. VIN was also 157XX. ISA mentioned something about maybe it didn't pass final inspection but she would send an email and try and find out. We are touching base on Monday, luckily I hadn't finalized financing because a delivery date wasn't assigned. She still said I should have it by the end of the month, not sure if I believe that though.

Mine is white, sport, East Coast. VIN assigned Monday 4/2, disappeared Thursday 4/5. VIN was also 157XX. ISA mentioned something about maybe it didn't pass final inspection but she would send an email and try and find out. We are touching base on Monday, luckily I hadn't finalized financing because a delivery date wasn't assigned. She still said I should have it by the end of the month, not sure if I believe that though.
Nice, I bet you get yours on time, No white with aero VINs have been assigned since I needed one again so I am sure I will get one as soon as those start going out. I am going to go look over the car again maybe I will find something wrong with it like a ding or dent. If thats what it is then I am happy that they refused the VIN, just want some transparency on the situation, at the moment it is very black box.

Still no updates for me, went by again yesterday, the lady was very nice but had no extra information for me. Still no VIN. This Wednesday marks the end of the 6th week since i configured. I did go look over the car again and the drives door has some ripples in the metal that non of the other 30+ cars sitting there had. She assured me that this isn't the reason my VIN got pulled because that action would have come from her, she said it comes from way higher up but cant get an explanation.

Last edited:
White AERO VIN disappeared last Wed. Still have not heard anything from Tesla after multiple calls.
I am sorry buddy, So strange that we all got our VINs pulled the same day, I was supposed to be taking delivery in less than 2 hours from now. I have called everybody under the sun, even got a hold of the ISA supervisor, nobody has any answers, even more frustrating is standing in front of my original VIN here is SD and not having any answers. The nice lady at the DS said she has been with Tesla for 5 years and has never seen this, usually there is a clear reason in the system...

I am sorry buddy, So strange that we all got our VINs pulled the same day, I was supposed to be taking delivery in less than 2 hours from now. I have called everybody under the sun, even got a hold of the ISA supervisor, nobody has any answers, even more frustrating is standing in front of my original VIN here is SD and not having any answers. The nice lady at the DS said she has been with Tesla for 5 years and has never seen this, usually there is a clear reason in the system...
At least you had a VIN ;). I'm still waiting for my White Aero VIN.

Side note, the Red VIN I had and disappeared was replaced by a new VIN Saturday.

At least you had a VIN ;). I'm still waiting for my White Aero VIN.

Side note, the Red VIN I had and disappeared was replaced by a new VIN Saturday.

I would rather have no VIN then have my VIN taken away but find it in my delivery parking lot like @opripaamoni.

Sorry to hear that they haven't figured it out yet. I have a new VIN but it's an older one. I found a bank that would price match my tech-CU rate but give me an unsecured loan (direct transfer to my checking account) vs. a secured loan. I'm still waiting for my ISA to call me back, but he said the car was "ready to go" so I hope to pick up tomorrow or Wednesday in Fremont.

Have you fully paid for the car yet?

I would rather have no VIN then have my VIN taken away but find it in my delivery parking lot like @opripaamoni.

Sorry to hear that they haven't figured it out yet. I have a new VIN but it's an older one. I found a bank that would price match my tech-CU rate but give me an unsecured loan (direct transfer to my checking account) vs. a secured loan. I'm still waiting for my ISA to call me back, but he said the car was "ready to go" so I hope to pick up tomorrow or Wednesday in Fremont.
I called them today and offered to fly up to the bay area if it will make it quicker but it was just a message no answer. I would bet money another day goes by without any update or answers. I leave to go out of town for a while next monday really need to get this handled this week. Cant believe I am back monitoring the VIN assignment threads, was so happy to be done with them.