Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN disappeared as well.

4/6 - Invited and Configured
4/9 - VIN 175XX
4/20 - ISA contacted me with a host of incorrect information and I agreed to a delivery center change. Asked for information on my trade-in. First week of May delivery.
4/20 - VIN disappeared.
4/23 - Asked for more details on the trade. Gave a bit of lip service about how a VIN change is Tesla’s attempt to get me a car faster. Right. Allegedly, I am still tracking for a 1st week of May delivery.

This has not been fun. My ISA does not have a great attitude. She has a plan and some level of experience and thinks she knows it all. She doesn’t know it all and Tesla doesn’t have much experience going through this ramp. A better approach is to say you don’t know something rather than stick to your guns with incorrect information.

We’ll see how this plays out.

Reactions: Asad1087
My VIN disappeared as well.

4/6 - Invited and Configured
4/9 - VIN 175XX
4/20 - ISA contacted me with a host of incorrect information and I agreed to a delivery center change. Asked for information on my trade-in. First week of May delivery.
4/20 - VIN disappeared.
4/23 - Asked for more details on the trade. Gave a bit of lip service about how a VIN change is Tesla’s attempt to get me a car faster. Right. Allegedly, I am still tracking for a 1st week of May delivery.

This has not been fun. My ISA does not have a great attitude. She has a plan and some level of experience and thinks she knows it all. She doesn’t know it all and Tesla doesn’t have much experience going through this ramp. A better approach is to say you don’t know something rather than stick to your guns with incorrect information.

We’ll see how this plays out.

VIN gone. With her providing inaccurate advice and me following it, I cost myself a VIN and maybe a delivery at some point in the next couple of weeks. Today she finally admitted that her change prompted the VIN reassignment to someone else. Apparently, getting the car to a different SC would have delayed delivery even longer. I am kicking myself for not ignoring/fighting her on this topic. I really hope my current car does not have any issues along the way (it might).

Similar experience. Was supposed to pick up my M3 on 4/25 document signed, money paid. Got a call in the early afternoon that the car has some battery issues and they are looking for a matching car. They will issue a new VIN but they don't know when estimated 3 - 6 weeks. Since 4/26 my previous VIN disappeared. Waiting for the update. The ISA stopped replying to emails and phone calls....

3/31 line waiter
Invited and Configured 3/22
MSM 18” EAP
Changed 18” to 19” 4/9
Webpage updated 4/20
Vin#177xx assigned 4/26
Vin# disappeared 4/27
Wow:mad:
I am in pretty much the same config situation as you with some dates here or there. I would be livid if after so long my VIN disappeared for no apparent reason. Still hasn't appeared for the first time yet.

I was about 2 weeks away from delivery whenever I receive the call that my VIN was gone and I would be back in line waiting on another one due to an issue/accident with the original VIN.

This poses a problem because I recently sold my current car and was going without a car for 2 weeks while working from home until I could pick up my 3. Now I'm without a car for an unknown amount of time. My ISA has been great but could not really provide any information on when to expect another car. Due to this, all of the money I've already submitted to Tesla now just sitting there as well as all of my bank contracts are now void in need to be rewritten.

It has only been a day since I got the call but it has felt like an eternity when the original was so close.

As others have experienced in this thread I just logged in and don’t see my VIN on my page whereas it was there yesterday. Strange, because MVPA is signed, delivery appointment scheduled 9/26 (maybe?), and loan all good to go. May have to drop a note to my DA tomorrow. Anyone else having this issue since this thread last updated?