Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aaaand VIN is back. Appears to be the same VIN I was originally assigned. When I callled my ISA earlier today she said I still had the same car and the missing VIN was some kind of glitch in their system. Still showing the same 4/27 delivery date, so cautiously optimistic that everything is still on track.

• Helpful
Reactions: Snerruc
I will try to contact my ISA today. Interested if my delivery date will move up as mentioned as a possibility for the VIN change. Originally was 28 April tentative but not noted on the website.

Last edited:
My delivery is set for 4/11 10:45am in Fremont! The Tesla staff really went above and beyond to make this situation correct, can't say enough good words. Very happy with the resolution.

Have fun at your delivery! I'm picking mine up today in the afternoon too. I wonder if they didnt find me a new VIN if I woulda just gotten the old one back. My new VIN is 90XX so im worried it might have some of the older issues (charge port, wavy doors, glass cracks).

In any case you have an awesome drive back to SD from the bay.

Awesome! Was that the earliest date possible? I already had mine "tentatively" scheduled for Sat 4/27 but was kinda hoping with whatever logistical change happened with the VINs that it would be a week or two earlier.

That was the earliest date, she said it will arrive in Atlanta around the 21-22nd, and they need 48 hours or so to inspect. She did say that it was sent on the rail to Alabama and then inspected in Alabama and sent via car carrier to Atlanta, so you may be able to get yours sooner! I would give them a call.

That was the earliest date, she said it will arrive in Atlanta around the 21-22nd, and they need 48 hours or so to inspect. She did say that it was sent on the rail to Alabama and then inspected in Alabama and sent via car carrier to Atlanta, so you may be able to get yours sooner! I would give them a call.

No answer right now from my ISA. But there is no sales or service center in AL (not allowed by law) and I will be picking up in Atlanta. Thanks for the info.

Aaaand VIN is back. Appears to be the same VIN I was originally assigned. When I callled my ISA earlier today she said I still had the same car and the missing VIN was some kind of glitch in their system. Still showing the same 4/27 delivery date, so cautiously optimistic that everything is still on track.

Actually I stand corrected. Talked to my ISA and my new VIN is 1 number off my old VIN. Whatever that means..........

Our cars must be on the same train. I was told on a train to Alabama, which is scheduled to arrive on April 17th. I am taking delivery in Pittsburgh and they said from Alabama it would truck up to Pittsburgh. I am also tentatively scheduled for April 25th, but he said +/- 5 days and we would not make an officially appointment until later.

Also my VIN changed last night from 100XX to 124XX

Have fun at your delivery! I'm picking mine up today in the afternoon too. I wonder if they didnt find me a new VIN if I woulda just gotten the old one back. My new VIN is 90XX so im worried it might have some of the older issues (charge port, wavy doors, glass cracks).

In any case you have an awesome drive back to SD from the bay.

I wouldn't be worried. I picked up my 92xx VIN TM3 two days ago and the biggest issue was driver side door alignment, which they fixed in about 15 minutes. The next biggest issues were misalignment of the front fender upper corners where they meet the doors and windshield, which I let it slide. Other things were perfect, although I did freak out for about 5 minutes when I thought the screen was scratched, only to realize that they forgot to remove the screen protector. The screen protector is a perfect match for the entire area of the screen and doesn't have any labels or tabs for removal, so it's hard to tell that it's installed until they drive the car outside.

Gotcha - she said the Decatur delivery center was pretty open the 25, 26, and 27th and then busy for the weekend, so hopefully you will be able to get an earlier slot!

Just got the call... right now they said the earliest was 5 May, but will try to push earlier. I sure hope so, it makes traveling up to Atlanta much easier as I had already been planning for 28 April. Still excited!

I wouldn't be worried. I picked up my 92xx VIN TM3 two days ago and the biggest issue was driver side door alignment, which they fixed in about 15 minutes. The next biggest issues were misalignment of the front fender upper corners where they meet the doors and windshield, which I let it slide. Other things were perfect, although I did freak out for about 5 minutes when I thought the screen was scratched, only to realize that they forgot to remove the screen protector. The screen protector is a perfect match for the entire area of the screen and doesn't have any labels or tabs for removal, so it's hard to tell that it's installed until they drive the car outside.

Are those issue the panel gap issues everyone has been talking about?

My VIN was assigned yesterday morning and I got contacted by ISA via email as well for delivery and next steps.
But the VIN disappeared afternoon from my account page and I contacted ISA and they said they’re looking into it and will get back to me by Monday hopefully. Not sure what exactly happened but do you know how long would it take to get a new VIN?

FYI - config invitation on 4/13, ordered Pearl White with Aero on 4/13 and changed the order with 19’ wheel on 4/19 and got a VIN & disappeared on 4/20