Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN ..... early or late build?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MY AWD LR Blue w 20” induction wheels/black interior.
Delivery scheduled 6/2/20 in So Cal. vin: 5YJ....F001620
Is this an early build or probably just since reopening??

mine is 18xx. Funny though, they originally assigned me 9xx but something was wrong with it and low and behold I’m 18xx.

I wonder what happened to that 9xx and what was wrong with it.

001xx here...

For all I know, it couldve been Elon's ride before I took over.

Once again, if you read my previous post, don't get all hung up in this VIN # madness. The wait is already suspenseful. Just enjoy the journey, yo....

I agree, production quality hits and misses are all over the range, just because you have a 0001XX or a 0050XX you can still have issues frome hat I have seen here. Probably won't be until well in the 30k or 40k's that they really start to hit their stride and with production ramping they will be pushing these out faster then ever before trying to hit 2nd qtr projections.

I agree, production quality hits and misses are all over the range, just because you have a 0001XX or a 0050XX you can still have issues frome hat I have seen here. Probably won't be until well in the 30k or 40k's that they really start to hit their stride and with production ramping they will be pushing these out faster then ever before trying to hit 2nd qtr projections.
Exactly!

People think there will be significant changes to QC after just 2-3 months of release?

Yea right. Get the hell outta here with that.

I was reading somewhere here that some are considering canceling even before seeing it due to being assigned a particular VIN #.

Give me a break....

Also should add, while their are definitely some cars that should not have been accepted at delivery, or sold imo. I think your going to get a huge bias on this forum... First people tend to only post negative comments about their new cars fit and finish, probably 10x more then posting rave reviews of it. The fact is, most cars are actually pretty good and Tesla has shown to want to make everything right from what I have seen/heard. If you need a car, just get it.. If you want to wait for Tesla to improve build quality/paint quality even more.. you'll probably be waiting a few more years at best.

I have Vin 13xx Tesla Model Y performance blue. I’ve had a fair share of minor cosmetic stuff but nothing compared to what I’ve seen on the forum. I took it for service to fix a few misaligned panels, wind noise and steering wheel alignment and the SA said I got one of the good once.

fast forward 3 weeks and now there are 3 more issues I found plus condensation of my tail light. Waiting on parts, but they are hard to get right now

overall I’m happy

I have Vin 13xx Tesla Model Y performance blue. I’ve had a fair share of minor cosmetic stuff but nothing compared to what I’ve seen on the forum. I took it for service to fix a few misaligned panels, wind noise and steering wheel alignment and the SA said I got one of the good once.

fast forward 3 weeks and now there are 3 more issues I found plus condensation of my tail light. Waiting on parts, but they are hard to get right now

overall I’m happy

Curious what your issue is around wind noise? Did they fix anything regarding that? Where was it coming from?

F77FA8B4-AB66-4ED3-BEB4-DAE0311FC6C9.jpeg
On what plate? Where?
White tag inside drivers door, on the tag upper left corner