Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN for new MIC LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think my M3LR is on the Glovis. I'm due pcik up on March 6th from Leeds. I have noticed a number of users mention VIN and whether they can find it out. If you look at the booking invoice from Tesla you can find it on there. I ordered mine on Feb 4th and the VIN is on the initial invoice. Still unsure how you can identify the battery from the VIN though.

I think my M3LR is on the Glovis. I'm due pcik up on March 6th from Leeds. I have noticed a number of users mention VIN and whether they can find it out. If you look at the booking invoice from Tesla you can find it on there. I ordered mine on Feb 4th and the VIN is on the initial invoice. Still unsure how you can identify the battery from the VIN though.
Is that only for inventory orders? I think custom orders might not yet be allocated.

I’ve ordered a custom M3.. believe it or not.. picking up same day and location

I’m picking up M3 LR in Leeds on 6 March too. Small world! That’s three of us.

I didn’t get sent my VIN but Tesla said one had been matched to my order at the point I was able to book a delivery time. If you are waiting for a early March delivery just phone them and the will push the VIN message out as a text for you.

Llama

I’m picking up M3 LR in Leeds on 6 March too. Small world! That’s three of us.

I didn’t get sent my VIN but Tesla said one had been matched to my order at the point I was able to book a delivery time. If you are waiting for a early March delivery just phone them and the will push the VIN message out as a text for you.

Llama

amazing! I’ve gone with Tesla Finance and my VIN is on the paperwork in my account. Have you checked your documents? Hopefully we all get the latest refresh with the heated steering wheel etc would be nice in these current freezing temperatures

If you can see your car in mytesla you may be able to examine the html and find the manufacturing code list, sometimes it’s in the imagine url for your car, if you can find it you can drop it into here to get the various codes explained including battery

Tesla Info: Get your car configuration

Based on everything I’ve seen it’ll be a BT38

If tried this Tesla configuration decoder. I don’t think we have access to the ‘View Details’ of our cars so no HTML with ‘OptionCodes’ text is displayed.

I mention this because I’m trying to find out what battery I’ve got.

If tried this Tesla configuration decoder. I don’t think we have access to the ‘View Details’ of our cars so no HTML with ‘OptionCodes’ text is displayed.

I mention this because I’m trying to find out what battery I’ve got.

The battery codes in the LR and P are BT38 and BT42 (the BT42 being the 82kwh battery). If you go onto something like the Tesla info inventory and search for BT42 you'll only come across Performance models, you can easily change country to the US or anywhere and you'll get the same. If you search for BT38 you'll find older performance models and all LRs. This includes MIC LR cars. If you're waiting for a LR I would be massively surprised if it was anything other than a BT38 and worthy of a Teslerati or other such website reporting it (not that they need much of an incentive).

Thanks for that. You have mad Tesla skills!

I can't find a search field in the Tesla inventory just filters for new / used M3, MS etc.

Sorry this is a bit OT. Do you know what type of Battery this BT38 is? Is it LFP?

On the Tesla-info inventory screens it’s the last box (at least it is in the one with the inventory pictures). Fairly sure the tabular one has one too.

None of the LR and P batteries are LFP, the density is lower with LFP and they can’t package the required capacity and make it fit.