Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN in source code question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are people seeing their VIN in the source code before being texted? Have you been finding it before the MVPA appears or the manage your order page appears any different?
Yes, if it has been assigned to your car, you can find your VIN in the source code before it is texted or provided in an MVPA. I found mine before my page looked any different. I also found the following line of HTML code several lines after the VIN which I interpret to mean Tesla has not revealed the VIN to me in an open manner (in a text or in an MVPA):
"vinIsRevealed": false,

I have been lurking on here for a while and finally got confused enough about the ordering process to weigh in with my story.

I ordered a blue/black, LR, FSD, 20" MY on 5/1. I noticed yesterday that my "manage your order" page changed and there was an MVPA dated 6/7. On the MVPA is my vin: 12xxx. No vin in the source code. Also, in the source code, "vinIsRevealed": false. No text from Tesla.

I am awaiting notification of my delivery date and hoping to not make any negative comments about fit and finish.

I had a VIN assigned last week for Black/Black, (saw it in source), 24 hours later it disappeared. Still no VIN now. I am guessing my car went to someone who ordered before me (I ordered April 28th). I am ok with this because I want all the new hires after plant reopening a few weeks ago to practice on other people's cars before I get mine :)

I did get the 2-4 week text on June 2nd... nothing since.

I have been lurking on here for a while and finally got confused enough about the ordering process to weigh in with my story.

I ordered a blue/black, LR, FSD, 20" MY on 5/1. I noticed yesterday that my "manage your order" page changed and there was an MVPA dated 6/7. On the MVPA is my vin: 12xxx. No vin in the source code. Also, in the source code, "vinIsRevealed": false. No text from Tesla.

I am awaiting notification of my delivery date and hoping to not make any negative comments about fit and finish.
Ok, that's a first for me. I have no idea how/why a VIN would appear in your MVPA but not in the source code. You're confident of the method you're using to search for the VIN in the source code? If so, here's another example of no apparent logic to Tesla's order, notification, or delivery process.

Btw, my VIN is also in the 12xxx range (see my signature for my order).