Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin number assigned

Koolio46

Aug 26, 2020
Boston, MA
I think it depends on final destination. I was assigned a VIN (called tesla for it) and was told my Y was on a train to Chicago. The next day I got a text to schedule delivery. It's possible you won't get a text until it's made its way towards you after VIN assignment.

Gotcha. I just emailed my SA asking him so will see what he says.

Levo

Jun 14, 2020
Hobe Sound, Florida
I think it depends on final destination. I was assigned a VIN (called tesla for it) and was told my Y was on a train to Chicago. The next day I got a text to schedule delivery. It's possible you won't get a text until it's made its way towards you after VIN assignment.
I received a delivery notification yesterday. Car is in transit from CA. Delivery scheduled for September 24th. Car expected to arrive West Palm Beach by the 23rd. Fingers crossed.

Koolio46

Aug 26, 2020
Boston, MA
I received a delivery notification yesterday. Car is in transit from CA. Delivery scheduled for September 24th. Car expected to arrive West Palm Beach by the 23rd. Fingers crossed.
Those are the same dates I got from my SA. Arrive in Boston on the 23rd and take delivery the 24th. My SA also scheduled my delivery appointment before the car shipped.

hlu92

Sep 13, 2020
Canada
Ordered yesterday, September. 12, and just got a text today telling me delivery is scheduled for September. 22! No VIN assigned yet. Should I be worried that this is a rejected delivery?

Koolio46

Aug 26, 2020
Boston, MA
Ordered yesterday, September. 12, and just got a text today telling me delivery is scheduled for September. 22! No VIN assigned yet. Should I be worried that this is a rejected delivery?
I don’t think you’ll know until you get the VIN. Even then, it may not mean it was a reject.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC