Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN numbers for the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep wondering if the last five VIN numbers are world wide or just UK.

I guess its worldwide, but then I see current VINs are around 60,000 and this seems very low for world sales.

If correct and 60,000 is the total world wide sales then UK must have very very few of these, maybe under 500?

Yes it's a worldwide number.

Mine was manufactured in May 14 and is 406XX so you can see that the build rate really is picking up!

First delivery in the UK was 7 June, and according to the DVLA 474 Model S's were registered in the UK by end September.

I'd guesstimate there'll be 800-1000 registered in the UK by end of 2014. Apparently there are nearly 200 to be delivered in the next 13 days alone.

I think that's pretty good going. And with 14 supercharger sites open, 1 more known to be under construction, and credible rumours from TM staff of 4 more before Christmas, I reckon we're doing OK :)

Yes it's a worldwide number.

Mine was manufactured in May 14 and is 406XX so you can see that the build rate really is picking up!

First delivery in the UK was 7 June, and according to the DVLA 474 Model S's were registered in the UK by end September.

I'd guesstimate there'll be 800-1000 registered in the UK by end of 2014. Apparently there are nearly 200 to be delivered in the next 13 days alone.

I think that's pretty good going. And with 14 supercharger sites open, 1 more known to be under construction, and credible rumours from TM staff of 4 more before Christmas, I reckon we're doing OK :)

My guess is probably 750 this year. I was on pre-order (18 month wait) and had mine delivered at the end of July, which would have shown up in the Q3 figures. My VIN ends 3771X.

So at least some of the initial "rush" has been getting the early adopters cars out the door. (As well as RHD demo and company cars)

I suspect we will have a bit of a lull between Jan and July, as people hold out for the dual motor variants.

Maybe we could have a quarterly sweepstake :D

I'm collecting my car on Monday and I have just spoken to my DS today, I asked the question of numbers in the UK and although I didn't get an absolute answer, somewhere around the 500 mark seems to be a good guess for the end of 2014 in the UK alone.

I've still not seen another one on the road yet. I quite like it being rare!
Totally agree. Also I've never seen one either in the wild, I guess it's location dependant.

re 474 with dvla on 30 sept. I did say around 500. Don't forget the D news will slow sales this year, but I guess it must be between 500 and 1000 by now.

I still feel a high percent are in greater London.

Totally agree. Also I've never seen one either in the wild, I guess it's location dependant.

re 474 with dvla on 30 sept. I did say around 500. Don't forget the D news will slow sales this year, but I guess it must be between 500 and 1000 by now.

I still feel a high percent are in greater London.

For sure, more people that can afford them, and more incentive (with the congestion charge exemption)