Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN re-appeared, NY deliveries now open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's cool your VIN came back. Is it the same VIN as before?

My VIN disappeared from my account. Noticed it this morning, but figured it was because we've gone on state mandated lock-down Tesla can't deliver cars right now. I was assuming today that they would be shipping it elsewhere for delivery to someone else. Anyway, I guess I can hope.

So since i vented on here yesterday, i figured it's only fair to now vent that i got the text that NY centers have re-opened and i have scheduled delivery for Saturday at Noon. AND it's the same vehicle, the vin re-appeared. still not sure about how this all came about but i'll take it.

I remember your earlier post and appreciate hearing the update. Glad it worked out that you are getting it soon. :)

My guess as to why the delay and uncertainty of date was the centers having to now handle deliveries differently than they did before and maybe waiting for Tesla to send them the new procedures and any supplies needed. Been interesting reading how recent deliveries are being handled. Are you picking up at a center or home delivery? This has been our 3rd week in shutdown mode here in SFBay area and life is sure different. Let us know how things go.

Last edited:
I remember your earlier post and appreciate hearing the update. Glad it worked out that you are getting it soon. :)

My guess as to why the delay and uncertainty of date was the centers having to now handle deliveries differently than they did before and maybe waiting for Tesla to send them the new procedures and any supplies needed. Been interesting reading how recent deliveries are being handled. Are you picking up at a center or home delivery? This has been our 3rd week in shutdown mode here in SFBay area and life is sure different. Let us know how things go.
thanks. i am dong the 'touchless' pickup at a center. i don't know what made them change their minds though i'm sure a lot of it is as simple as wanting to deliver vehicles and having this weirdness mess everything up. it was actually my wife who said the other morning 'are they going to give you your money back?' that caused me to realize this was not quite right. originally they said they were going to give me the money until they could actually deliver. my wife is a saint, so i said they changed because she lives a good life.

i continue to be the luckiest man on the planet...

• Love
Reactions: SMAlset
That's cool your VIN came back. Is it the same VIN as before?

My VIN disappeared from my account. Noticed it this morning, but figured it was because we've gone on state mandated lock-down Tesla can't deliver cars right now. I was assuming today that they would be shipping it elsewhere for delivery to someone else. Anyway, I guess I can hope.
yes, i was quite surprised that it was the same one. i was certain in my head that they had done as you said, but maybe things changed so fast that they just continued. who knows, they are the worst at communicating, i guess as many folks on here have said, because they can be, because we're all gonna buy the cars anyway.

So since i vented on here yesterday, i figured it's only fair to now vent that i got the text that NY centers have re-opened and i have scheduled delivery for Saturday at Noon. AND it's the same vehicle, the vin re-appeared. still not sure about how this all came about but i'll take it.

did you pick up? I’m guessing you have since the radio silence has happened...

Reactions: Aarons12
did you pick up? I’m guessing you have since the radio silence has happened...
yes, yesterday in the rain. thanks for asking. it's great. some minor panel gap issues but nothing i'm going to worry about since it's quiet and squeak-free. but as a computer/gadget geek since 1979, i can say that i'm having a lot of fun playing with the system. drives amazing, roomier than the 3 and perfect sized for me.

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r