Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN received. Trying to delay.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, looking for some advice

I just received my VIn today when I checked my the app this morning but it said that Tesla is making changes and that I would need to log into my account to review. So I logged into my account and saw this.
1637335008990.png

I was trying to delay my delivery until the next year to take advantage of the BBB EV credit. I emailed [email protected] a few days ago telling them that I would not be able to take delivery until Jan. They replied back saying thanks for the note and that they will follow up with me in the coming months and to let them know when I am ready to take delivery.

I also texted my SA and he pretty much told me since it has been over 30 days since my order date, if I do not take delivery when my VIN is issued, my order is cancelled.

How should I proceed? I was thinking about not hitting the accept button until Jan but I do not want my order to get cancelled.

I just received my VIn today when I checked my the app this morning but it said that Tesla is making changes and that I would need to log into my account to review. So I logged into my account and saw this.
View attachment 734767

I was trying to delay my delivery until the next year to take advantage of the BBB EV credit. I emailed [email protected] a few days ago telling them that I would not be able to take delivery until Jan. They replied back saying thanks for the note and that they will follow up with me in the coming months and to let them know when I am ready to take delivery.

I also texted my SA and he pretty much told me since it has been over 30 days since my order date, if I do not take delivery when my VIN is issued, my order is cancelled.

How should I proceed? I was thinking about not hitting the accept button until Jan but I do not want my order to get cancelled.
There is no tax credit yet.

Your order will not be cancelled but your existing vehicle match will be given to someone ready to take delivery.

If you REALLY want the BBB tax credit, wait until (if) it passes. Dont try and game it. Just get your car when you want to get your car.

The chances of R's voting in solidarity is high. The chances of Manchin (D) voting in solidarity is low.... concessions will need to be made and it will likely affect the EV tax credit.

As the proverb goes "dont count your chickens before they hatch". Proverbs have been around for a long time for a reason....

----------------------------------------------------

I bought my car in June with no tax credit, I got it because I wanted it. Since then the price has gone up 1000's of dollars to the point of which the tax credit (if it even passes) is trivial. I've enjoyed my car for ~6mos already. I totally understand trying to make (or save) a buck, but if you really wanted to do that, you'd get a Mach-E which qualifies right now for $7500. If you want a Tesla, just buy a Tesla.

View attachment 734767

What's up with the "accept" button after Tesla Vision statement??? Usually stuff like this is accepting something that's not inherently good. Is Tesla making us consent to phantom braking as a fact of new vehicles, which is a safety problem?

View attachment 734767

Non-facetious literal newsflash: BBB senate vote has been punted till next year at earliest, into oblivion. Might never happen as long as Manchin is in office. Time to move on and just buy a car *when you actually need a car* 🤯

Reactions: morbidz