Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN removed after delivery scheduled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, new to the boards. Looking to see if anyone has any insight into this situation.

I was scheduled to take delivery of my MYP next Wednesday. Yesterday I logon and find that the VIN I was assigned is missing from my account. I checked source code as well, not there.

Ordered mid-June, financing via Tesla (US Bank) approved immediately. EDD bounced around but SA ensured late July early August. Had VIN assigned early last week and was able to schedule delivery a few days after that. I picked the early date that was available, which is next Wednesday. I make plans to sell my current car, reach out to my insurance agent to get insurance switched to the new VIN at the end of the month.

When I logged in to my account yesterday, the VIN is missing and nowhere to be found. The date and time I picked are still scheduled. "Review agreements" box is greyed out. I reached out to my SA yesterday but haven't gotten a response yet, which is unusual for him.

I searched around and really only found a few reports of this happening at the Q2 push last quarter. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else outside of the Q2 push last month?

Reactions: hcdavis3
Update from SA almost immediately after I posted this:

I spoke with my delivery manager and here's what I've learned. The Demand Planning Team unlinked that VIN from your order due to a logistics issue. This happens a few times a year with some vehicles and is outside of our control. As a result, they have expedited a new build from the factory for you and you're on target for an end of July/early August delivery.

We'll have a new VIN linked to your order for you to be able to add to insurance and then schedule your pick-up date/time.

I apologize that I don't have any further information than above.

So essentially I had a vehichle and appointment scheduled and they gave it to someone else and told me to get back in line.

Update from SA almost immediately after I posted this:

I spoke with my delivery manager and here's what I've learned. The Demand Planning Team unlinked that VIN from your order due to a logistics issue. This happens a few times a year with some vehicles and is outside of our control. As a result, they have expedited a new build from the factory for you and you're on target for an end of July/early August delivery.

We'll have a new VIN linked to your order for you to be able to add to insurance and then schedule your pick-up date/time.

I apologize that I don't have any further information than above.

So essentially I had a vehichle and appointment scheduled and they gave it to someone else and told me to get back in line.
What happened to you is my biggest fear. I have a VIN and a delivery date for August 3. I still check my account multiple times a day.

Reactions: Chemios
Same thing happened to me. EDD was bouncing late July early August - on 7/17 I got a text to schedule delivery - I did not respond until lunch time on 7/19 when I received the "We will switch your car to someone else if you do not respond by tonight" text as I had to wait until Monday to move work meetings around.

Now my account shows confirmed delivery date of 7/27 and no VIN.

Same thing happened to me. EDD was bouncing late July early August - on 7/17 I got a text to schedule delivery - I did not respond until lunch time on 7/19 when I received the "We will switch your car to someone else if you do not respond by tonight" text as I had to wait until Monday to move work meetings around.

Now my account shows confirmed delivery date of 7/27 and no VIN.
But I scheduled right away though. Still sucks and sounds like they gave your car away to someone else.

At least 3 days since my VIN was removed and still no new one assigned. EDD 8/4-20 yesterday, today 8/5-20. People who ordered weeks after me have earlier EDDs.
Same thing happened - I had a VIN # assigned, a “prepare for delivery “ & a pick up location on my account up to 3 days ago, everything has been removed from my account, no response from any adviser ( they always switch my advisers), no explanations from anyone. I hope it wasnt the advisers who reassigned my car to someone else. My delivery date has been extended x 4. The CEO should be made aware this is happening w/customers