TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

VIN Search and Chrome Extension?

Discussion in 'Model Y: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by skidmarc, Nov 22, 2020.

1. skidmarc

skidmarc Member

I'm curious as to how long before folks were notified "officially" of their VIN, that the search techniques through Chrome actually revealed their VIN? I have the Chrome extension installed and have tried the manual search process...ofc ourse I'm still waiting...3 weeks and counting...

2. DenverEV

DenverEV Member

What is your configuration? 3 weeks seems like a long time to wait for a VIN

• Funny x 1
  3. TheTranquilOne

6 weeks and counting, still no VIN

4. skidmarc

skidmarc Member

LR, AWD, MSM, 20", BLACK, TOW

5. Bombadgen

Bombadgen Member

I ordered 11/5. Checked source for Vin on 11/14. No vin. 11/15, got text to schedule delivery

6. ev_aspirant

ev_aspirant Member

I'm over 10 weeks and no VIN.

AWD/Blue/19"/White/Tow

7. spokey

spokey Member

I probably checked the code a couple times a day through August and didn't see the VIN before I got notice.

8. patnshan

patnshan Member

7 weeks and nothing yet. LR AWD, Black, Inductions, Black, Tow Hitch.

9. Ldub22

Ldub22 Member

22 days and no VIN. Received the "Delivery within 2-5 weeks" email 4 days ago. No VIN.

MYP, Red/Black, FSD, Tow.

10. srlawren

srlawren Member

@skidmarc sorry if this is a silly question, but which Chrome extension are you referring to?

11. vi9cki

vi9cki Member

Ordered MY LR red, black interior, tow hitch on 10/27. I received an email on 11/17 that had the next steps that I needed to take. No mention of VIN. Checked my Tesla account and there was the VIN. Seems like a lot of folks are not getting specific notification of VIN assignment. Suggest obsessively checking your Tesla account.

I missed 3 text messages, no email, from Tesla asking me to set up a delivery date. So, they assigned me 12/2, which does works perfectly for me. Impatiently waiting.

12. spokey

spokey Member

That's my config. You'll love it. Other than getting the damn hitch cover on and off.

• Like x 1
  13. marines310

marines310 Member

I'm in to my sixth week and no VIN :(

To the OP, you're on Tesla's time so it's hard to say when you'll get a VIN.

14. skidmarc

skidmarc Member

The Tesla VIN Finder extension for Chrome browsers. Doesn't work. I have a VIN now and using the extension, it still doesn't find it on my Manage page! I have deleted it!

• Informative x 2
  15. skidmarc

skidmarc Member

I received my VIN on 11/25. 827XX! Waiting for delivery, now. I'm hoping that by delaying this far, I have successfully managed to get through a bulk of the worst fit/finish issues...we'll see. I'll report back!

• Like x 2