Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Support Group: Passed Over and Still Waiting...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VINless, no calls. Non-owner, first day reservation pre-reveal 2016/03/31, Invited March 27th, Configured April 17th, Reserved while living in Oakville, now living in Ottawa. Aero wheels. I refresh 15 to 20 times per hour.

Wait until you get your VIN. I have checked my phone about 100 times already today. Ensured ringer is on, etc etc. This is excruciating.

I left another message earlier today (after going through service as was suggested in another thread and also calling Fremont directly to get a recording saying "due to high volume we're not accepting calls"). I just had a call for the first time from my DS. She mentioned how long their list of calls is. I told her that I (and we) understand and that all those of us still waiting for a VIN want is some sort of timeline from Tesla as to when they will be moving on to sport wheels and the other VINs in Canada that are still missing. I mentioned that in my case the deafening silence is really souring the experience and that some info would go a long way. She said she will call HQ and see if she can get some info. Here's hoping.

I'm VIN-less also (config date April 5; Blue, Aero, no EAP, non-owner). I'm doing okay with comms with my DA (due to prior engagements over 2+ years), but I keep them very limited and always with something functional (as opposed to a "where's my car" question).

I did get a response today indicating that since I still have no VIN, it would likely be delivered after June 1st at the International Centre (or whatever it's called), or delivered to Ottawa later (due to availability of trucking services, etc) (but I could apply for rebate as soon as they load it on the truck to Ottawa).

But yes, refreshing 20-30 times a day is getting a bit tough -- but my therapist reminds me that getting the new car is exciting, and I should look forward to it. :)

Haha this is awesome, Hi I'm Jamie I'm also VIN-less and 19" sport configured March 27th. I just got off the phone with someone in California. I asked about my VIN and she said I was one of the first to configure in Canada so she was confused as to why I did't get a VIN yet, I asked her about a possible 19' wheel shortage and she assured me she has not heard anything about that. She told me they make cars in batches so the 19's will come and I'll get a VIN soon. Here's to hoping!

Reactions: Tony_YYZ and Veedio