TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

VIN Support Group: Passed Over and Still Waiting...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ksumnole, May 10, 2018.

1. ksumnole

ksumnole Member

I thought it might be good to organize all the folks who feel they have been jumped in line by others that reserved after you or configured after you.

Hoping that we can get updates as to the progress in getting VINs, phone calls and delivery.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Hi, my name is Tony and I don't have a VIN.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. Veedio

Veedio Member

My name is Paul and I've been VINless for six weeks. Anyone know a good therapist?

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. ksumnole

ksumnole Member

Hi Tony! Admitting you don't have a VIN is the first step...
    I still can't believe you are waiting...pretty ridiculous.

• Like x 2
  5. McCaesar

McCaesar Member

My profile pic says it all. VINless. Configured on March 27th and checked off every option. Kind of thought the more I spend the faster I would get by car.

• Like x 1
  6. Duckjybe

Duckjybe Member

Hi I’m a previous owner and have been VINless since configuring on March 22, but I have been through this before with my early Model S. I am glad non-owners are getting cars first. Waiting seems hard but in the end a few extra weeks is not a big deal.

• Like x 1
  7. anderslangen

anderslangen Member

I reserved pre-reveal online March 31st, 2016.
    I ordered March 28th, 2018.
    No VIN and no communication, 6 weeks and counting.
    Blue, 19's

• Like x 1
  8. McCaesar

McCaesar Member

Are we all 19" Sport wheels except Tony?

Every time I go to the Petro Canada and pay $1.37/L, I hope it will be my last time. What to do with 250,000 Petro Points?

• Like x 1
  9. ksumnole

ksumnole Member

I am Aero wheels

• Informative x 1
  10. SluyterCapital

Hi, my name is Paul and I am VINless. Takes me hours to fall asleep but when I do I sleep like a baby.

I wake up every hour crying.

Yes I ordered 19” sport and now have suffer from 19” buyers remorse.

Can someone recommend a VINless therapist?

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. Rchan88

Rchan88 Member

Sell you points on eBay.

12. McCaesar

McCaesar Member

I was thinking of a bunch of Keg gift cards.

13. Liquidmetal101

VINless, no calls. Non-owner, first day reservation pre-reveal 2016/03/31, Invited March 27th, Configured April 17th, Reserved while living in Oakville, now living in Ottawa. Aero wheels. I refresh 15 to 20 times per hour.

• Like x 1
  14. canucksnaphook

Wait until you get your VIN. I have checked my phone about 100 times already today. Ensured ringer is on, etc etc. This is excruciating.

• Like x 2
  15. pmich80

pmich80 Between U and me I'm giddy waitin' for the Model ≡

VINless now for 6 weeks and 2 days... annoyed since the pack of 30 to 40 cars are sitting about 5 minutes from my house rubbing my face in it. Now i'm getting a real difficult time finding affordable insurance.
    My excitement has completely gone down the tubes now. booo LOL

• Like x 3
  16. Veedio

Veedio Member

I left another message earlier today (after going through service as was suggested in another thread and also calling Fremont directly to get a recording saying "due to high volume we're not accepting calls"). I just had a call for the first time from my DS. She mentioned how long their list of calls is. I told her that I (and we) understand and that all those of us still waiting for a VIN want is some sort of timeline from Tesla as to when they will be moving on to sport wheels and the other VINs in Canada that are still missing. I mentioned that in my case the deafening silence is really souring the experience and that some info would go a long way. She said she will call HQ and see if she can get some info. Here's hoping.

• Like x 5
    • Helpful x 1
  17. rdturner0

rdturner0 Member

I'm VIN-less also (config date April 5; Blue, Aero, no EAP, non-owner). I'm doing okay with comms with my DA (due to prior engagements over 2+ years), but I keep them very limited and always with something functional (as opposed to a "where's my car" question).

I did get a response today indicating that since I still have no VIN, it would likely be delivered after June 1st at the International Centre (or whatever it's called), or delivered to Ottawa later (due to availability of trucking services, etc) (but I could apply for rebate as soon as they load it on the truck to Ottawa).

But yes, refreshing 20-30 times a day is getting a bit tough -- but my therapist reminds me that getting the new car is exciting, and I should look forward to it. :)

• Like x 3
  18. cohste

cohste Member

My name is Stephen, and I too am VIN-less. Today was a bad day, but I know that if i can only get thru one day at a time, then eventually my M3 LR Black PUP 19" Sport Wheels EAP order will be filled.
    Thanks to all for sharing.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. JamieD

JamieD Member

Haha this is awesome, Hi I'm Jamie I'm also VIN-less and 19" sport configured March 27th. I just got off the phone with someone in California. I asked about my VIN and she said I was one of the first to configure in Canada so she was confused as to why I did't get a VIN yet, I asked her about a possible 19' wheel shortage and she assured me she has not heard anything about that. She told me they make cars in batches so the 19's will come and I'll get a VIN soon. Here's to hoping!

• Like x 2
  20. Neo1974

Neo1974 Member

My name is Jean-François, I have been VIN-Less (with 18" wheels!) for now more than six weeks (ordered March 27th)
    Thanks for starting this tread. It is soothing to share the angst o_O

• Like x 2