Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Time for customized Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my understanding after speaking with a few Tesla advisors over the phone, the production line manufactures Tesla's in batches, where at this very moment, they may be making 100x blue Model 3's with SR+, a few hours from now, a different 100x red Model X's, etc.
I just put in a purchase for a Model 3, White paint, White seats, and 19" sport wheels. I am assuming this is not a normal/popular ask, so how do I know I will not be waiting +2 weeks for them to create this or longer??
Show I change the seat colors to the regular black in hopes to make the process faster??

From my understanding after speaking with a few Tesla advisors over the phone, the production line manufactures Tesla's in batches, where at this very moment, they may be making 100x blue Model 3's with SR+, a few hours from now, a different 100x red Model X's, etc.
I just put in a purchase for a Model 3, White paint, White seats, and 19" sport wheels. I am assuming this is not a normal/popular ask, so how do I know I will not be waiting +2 weeks for them to create this or longer??
Show I change the seat colors to the regular black in hopes to make the process faster??

Yes they do seem to do things in batches. Yes your combination could result in it taking more than 2 weeks. But it might not, based on your location and local availability and regional allotments, they may have exactly what you want on hand or on a truck headed there right now. So you might get the car very soon.

Based on my location and configuration, P3D Red with White interior, it has been 53 days and counting. I'm having a hard time with patience.

Reactions: torontohm3wait
Yes they do seem to do things in batches. Yes your combination could result in it taking more than 2 weeks. But it might not, based on your location and local availability and regional allotments, they may have exactly what you want on hand or on a truck headed there right now. So you might get the car very soon.

Based on my location and configuration, P3D Red with White interior, it has been 53 days and counting. I'm having a hard time with patience.
I am still waiting for the sr+ red and white interior about 40 days now. Unfortunately i think its because we live so far down.

Heh. The model 3 wait can't be anything like I experienced with the Ford Focus RS. Ordered on Oct 12, 2015 and didn't get my car until December 2016. At least we, US buyers anyway, don't have to wait for a boat to cross the Atlantic Ocean for the Model 3 orders. (The Focus RS was built in Germany.) So waiting 3-5 weeks or even 8 weeks is nothing compared to what it compared to buying a luxury car from another manufacturer. Just hang out and have patience.

There is no telling when you will get matched to a car. Often people are matched to cars in inventory, and odd orders are just as likely to be in inventory, since there are only a few combinations of evderything.

As to the white seats, if that's what you want, go for it, but you may want to check the forums with some of the comments that people have had about them.

Soon to be a member of the club!!!

There is no telling when you will get matched to a car. Often people are matched to cars in inventory, and odd orders are just as likely to be in inventory, since there are only a few combinations of evderything.

As to the white seats, if that's what you want, go for it, but you may want to check the forums with some of the comments that people have had about them.

Soon to be a member of the club!!!

I've watched enough BjornTesla Model X Video's with his Blue jean tattooed white driver's seat.

I'd go for brown or red if it was offered but only alternative to white is black in M3.