Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin42xx - Delayed Till June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed order August of 2014. P90D - no premium. Latest delivery date was Late April to May. Just got off the phone with manager and was told that car will not arrive till June. They have essentially shut down the production line to take care of problems- My car has been sitting in paint and he didnt want to commit to a delivery date but told me likely "end of month or June"

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up who has been waiting that you are likely going to wait a bit longer. Make other arrangements and plans as needed. Looks like 3-4 more weeks at a minimum assuming no further delays.

My vin is in the thread title- 42xx. Also They told me that they are no longer giving sunshades away for free. Its an extra $5000 option. :)

Looks like the signature is not visible on the mobile site.

But I am surprised that your low VIN is delayed until June and I am told that my 57xx enters production this week for mid-May delivery.

$5k is a bargain for the sunshade

• Funny
Reactions: Out4aDuck
I can pretty much guarantee you that you will not get yours in mid May. Get ready for disappointment if thats what you are hoping for.

I can't accept that, I can't even illustrate that in my mind.

I paid an additional $20k in March after being promised mid-April delivery. Last month I paid and applied for finance as requested by my DS now I am told production this week for mid-April delivery.

I think the situation is even worse for you since you have a significantly lower VIN

Looks like the signature is not visible on the mobile site.

But I am surprised that your low VIN is delayed until June and I am told that my 57xx enters production this week for mid-May delivery.

$5k is a bargain for the sunshade

It is very well possible that your 57xx enters production this week after all it all seems to be random but my 4936 vin that was confirmed in January is still not scheduled to go in production. A few times they said it was going to be "this week" but it never happened. Now I have a vague estimate of some time in May. Finger crossed for you.

Reactions: K-MTG
I think VIN and delivery doesn't correlate. Your location probably a bigger deciding factor in your actual delivery: west coast gets deliveries first.

On a brighter side, my car is at the SC for some cosmetic fixes; I hope your delivery will be more perfect that mine because the car by itself is awesome!

My 49xx vin entered production 3 weeks ago and I was told last week that I was in the final stages of production and mid May was the likely delivery period for my Atlanta delivery. In the last hour I noticed that MyTesla page has removed my long standing April-Early May estimated delivery to just a blank spot under my vin.
I'm starting to think the worst case but perhaps mine made it off the line before everything was haulted. I just have to somehow get a hold of my DS but he's a unicorn.

My VIN is 42xx as well. When I was first contacted by my DES in early April, he told me that my car was scheduled to be built at the end of April, but to expect that delays may push my delivery into June. I'm fine with waiting. I'd much rather wait for a well-built car than to get mine sooner only to have to return it right back to the SC for repairs.

Interestingly, my information page now shows no delivery estimate at all, still shows that I'm in the production queue, but I can submit payment!

My VIN is 11XX and I was just told that my guess-timate delivery time will be beginning of June. I don't really understand how it works at all ... maybe because I am in the East Coast? P90D with almost every options except L. Even if someone ordered online couple weeks ago, he will suppose to have a May delivery according to the design studio. I confirmed mine in Jan and ... Oh well ... hopefully, wait time and quality of the car are proportional. If it is going to be a better quality car with fewer future trip to the SC, I don't mind to wait. The other thing I am worrying is another hit to my credit report since I have applied for lease already.

My 49xx vin entered production 3 weeks ago and I was told last week that I was in the final stages of production and mid May was the likely delivery period for my Atlanta delivery. In the last hour I noticed that MyTesla page has removed my long standing April-Early May estimated delivery to just a blank spot under my vin.
I'm starting to think the worst case but perhaps mine made it off the line before everything was haulted. I just have to somehow get a hold of my DS but he's a unicorn.

My Late April-May delivery estimate on MyTesla page has also disappeared. I was told yesterday that my car had just started production. I sure hope mine is being made at the factory with no line shut down :)

Reactions: umeshunni
Placed order August of 2014. P90D - no premium. Latest delivery date was Late April to May. Just got off the phone with manager and was told that car will not arrive till June. They have essentially shut down the production line to take care of problems- My car has been sitting in paint and he didnt want to commit to a delivery date but told me likely "end of month or June"

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up who has been waiting that you are likely going to wait a bit longer. Make other arrangements and plans as needed. Looks like 3-4 more weeks at a minimum assuming no further delays.
Has your estimated delivery date also disappeared from your My Tesla? Wondering if those of us who are now missing an estimated delivery period will see it replaced with an actual date range shortly.

Mine disappeared as well

confirmation: january
vin: 45xx

don't know what to make of this. I'm hoping it's good news...but realistically i think those of us who don't have a set date right now are probably gonna blow past the April/May window and take delivery in June. That' what my DS seems to think of my situation. Fingers crossed.

Anyone still see the Late April/May delivery thing on their page?

I realized folks are focusing on their delivery dates in this Op but any insight into the shutdown that is addressing new problems?

What new problems?.......and should this shut down be worrisome for those just recently produced (and/or just recently received) & not delivered?

It is very well possible that your 57xx enters production this week after all it all seems to be random but my 4936 vin that was confirmed in January is still not scheduled to go in production. A few times they said it was going to be "this week" but it never happened. Now I have a vague estimate of some time in May. Finger crossed for you.
I am 4946, my advisor said its not coming until June most likely.