Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VINs and Vehicle Deliveries - where is my car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - thread merged from "Inter-European Shipping and Deliveries" and "VIN and delivery speculation"

Yeah, like the Drammen Webcams would be nice :) I guess it's a somewhat smaller operation there lol.
Any rumors on what boat to stalk going to Drammen with Teslas after Triton Ace offloads ? :D

I guess one of the boats docked near Triton Ace would be suspect

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to make a fool of myself again.... Opal Leader, currently moored not far from Triton Ace. Scheduled for Drammen Nov. 24 according to UECC web site, as far as I can tell:
upload_2020-11-20_22-47-5.png

Reactions: MGrove
Time to make a fool of myself again.... Opal Leader, currently moored not far from Triton Ace. Scheduled for Drammen Nov. 24 according to UECC web site, as far as I can tell:
View attachment 610383
I've been "investigating" these things a bit myself today, is the Opal Leader not on the "wrong" side ? I don't know if they have a system to move the cars over, or if the Opal moves over tomorrow or sunday.

Just thinking out loud, I'm as far from an expert on this as you can possible be :p:rolleyes:

I've been "investigating" these things a bit myself today, is the Opal Leader not on the "wrong" side ? I don't know if they have a system to move the cars over, or if the Opal moves over tomorrow or sunday.

Just thinking out loud, I'm as far from an expert on this as you can possible be :p:rolleyes:

I know, not on the same side, but the only ship I could find that is headed for Drammen in the next few days. I'll definitely keep an eye on her anyway :)

Sorta true and not
Opal Leader on is another side of the port channel where it seems a transfer of cars from Triton Ace to it seems less likely than if they were on the same Quay.
But, from what I can see: Opal Leader is indeed within the area on which ICO operates.
ICO operates part of the car handling facilities in Zeebrugge, this includes un- and loading of Tesla cars. I've had confirmed, from a Zeebrugge source, that they do indeed move cars from one side to the other and Tesla-Ships have previously moored on the same side and at the same position as Opal Leader (wind conditions dictated this at the time)
This means and as a conclusion: It's not a wild guess to say Opal Leader could transport Tesla cars at all, even though it might be slightly less likely because it's not moor right next to Triton Ace. It's arrival in Drammen is definitely interesting, since I always presume at least one Feeder-ship departs Zeebrugge to Drammen after every arrival of one ship from San Francisco (soon also Shanghai) arrives there with Tesla cars onboard.

Sorta true and not
Opal Leader on is another side of the port channel where it seems a transfer of cars from Triton Ace to it seems less likely than if they were on the same Quay.
But, from what I can see: Opal Leader is indeed within the area on which ICO operates.
ICO operates part of the car handling facilities in Zeebrugge, this includes un- and loading of Tesla cars. I've had confirmed, from a Zeebrugge source, that they do indeed move cars from one side to the other and Tesla-Ships have previously moored on the same side and at the same position as Opal Leader (wind conditions dictated this at the time)
This means and as a conclusion: It's not a wild guess to say Opal Leader could transport Tesla cars at all, even though it might be slightly less likely because it's not moor right next to Triton Ace. It's arrival in Drammen is definitely interesting, since I always presume at least one Feeder-ship departs Zeebrugge to Drammen after every arrival of one ship from San Francisco (soon also Shanghai) arrives there with Tesla cars onboard.

Very interesting indeed! :D

I guess they could move the Opal over to the west side after Triton Ace leaves for Southampton maybe ?
Will be interresting to see what happens !

Reactions: MGrove
GRAND AURORA is interesting because I was in two minds earlier today whether she will make it to Zeebrugge on schedule and I decided I would make the call tomorrow. She is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge at 21:00 on 24 Nov. The trouble with that time is that it doesn't take much of a delay for the ETA to slip to the next day and making it sound much worse than it is.
Anyway, as of a couple of minutes ago, by my calculations she had 1906nm to go. If she maintains her current speed she won't arrive until 11am on the 25th however if she increases her speed to 19kts she can still arrive on time.
Tomorrow we will be in a better position to call it. I suspect however that she will slip to the 25th.
I am aware that she is showing on the Zeebrugge arrivals board as arriving on the 25th but I tend to treat that source with a pinch of salt.
My ETA for her Southampton arrival of 28th remains firm at the moment. That is, of course if she comes to Southampton - not guaranteed.
Be interesting to see if my pick up time on 7 Dec in Malmö for a car on Aurora holds. Any idea what transport mode they move from Zeebrugge to Malmö on? And thank you for your time, effort and expertise @Mr Miserable much appreciated!

I know, not on the same side, but the only ship I could find that is headed for Drammen in the next few days. I'll definitely keep an eye on her anyway :)

Looks like Opal Leader is docking on the "correct" side now, next to Triton Ace.
So this could be "proof" of our theory that the teslas to Norway from Triton Ace are going with the Opal Leader to Drammen :D
Fingers crossed and some grains of salt :p

opal leader.png

Reactions: MGrove and lars667
Now we're talking. Should probably try the uecc vin tracker after a while

reading this schedule https://uecc.com/pdfschedule/schedule.pdf is a bit worrying. Doesn't look like Opal Leader is going to Drammen. But if you use that search funtion you used before, it still looks like it.

I guess we find out sunday/monday on marinetraffic.com :p

Can you enter the car VIN number in this search box to find out if it is actually on the boat ?

Last edited: