Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VINs from GIGA Texas Tracking. Who will be first?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, as rumor has it, MYs should start to be built today in Austin. So I am starting this thread to see when people get their Austin VIN. It should look like 5YJYA1E62NA352XXX with an A in the 11th slot.

Also, let us know if you also get a AMD chip, 12v battery, Duel Glaze Rear Window or anything else new. And congrats on getting your car.

I am hoping for my MYLR from Austin, just over 2 more months so fingers crossed.

Well, as rumor has it, MYs should start to be built today in Austin. So I am starting this thread to see when people get their Austin VIN. It should look like 5YJYA1E62NA352XXX with an A in the 11th slot.

Also, let us know if you also get a AMD chip, 12v battery, Duel Glaze Rear Window or anything else new. And congrats on getting your car.

I am hoping for my MYLR from Austin, just over 2 more months so fingers crossed.
Will it be NA3xxx or will the VINs start from NA000001?

I had a 2 week EDD of 1/5-1/19 that slipped to a 4 week EDD of 1/15-2/12 a couple days ago while everyone else (not east coast from what I saw) seemed to move forward and have dates tighten. Might just be a color/spec issue, but I’ve been wondering if it’s because we were changed to Austin. Mixed feelings about it - could be great if they have good QC coming out the gate….

Mixed feelings about it - could be great if they have good QC coming out the gate….
That's what gets me about the Austin hopefuls. They overlook the QC issues that come with ramping production. Hopefully the stamped front end will help with panel gaps but it's not like the stamped rear end eliminated the issue at the back of the vehicle.

Not holding my breath on this rumor. There hasn’t been a lot of smoke (people posting about upcoming first day, lots of employees moving in and out for training, etc). I haven’t even seen posts about trucks full of parts pulling up. All of which is needed to start production of any volume (hundreds of cars much less 1,000/week). Seems a BIIIIIG stretch to think MYs start rolling out of there by end of the week.

Hope I’m wrong or someone can point to any source other than the drone…

Reactions: ucmndd
Not holding my breath on this rumor. There hasn’t been a lot of smoke (people posting about upcoming first day, lots of employees moving in and out for training, etc). I haven’t even seen posts about trucks full of parts pulling up. All of which is needed to start production of any volume (hundreds of cars much less 1,000/week). Seems a BIIIIIG stretch to think MYs start rolling out of there by end of the week.

Hope I’m wrong or someone can point to any source other than the drone…
Stamping Machine test parts have been seen in multiple Drone Videos, here is one and also has delivery of a bunch of MY Dashboards.
Is a few more Videos from Joe that show deliveries, but can't tell what.

Actually, any new Model Y since November 2021 should have a VIN starting with 7SA.

Actually, any new Model Y since November 2021 should have a VIN starting with 7SA.
Thanks, I was looking for the right one and got it wrong. Unfortunately, it won’t let me edit the post anymore 😩

As building professional, the factory is far from finished, at least 2 months to go.
But that won't prevent Tesla to start limited prodcution but the quality will be quesntionable since everything is in rush.
Since safety and performace testing are required so these production might be spotted very soon but only for testing only.

I think real mass production for customers won't happen until March.

I got a 7SA VIN, 356xxx, not sure if it is made in Januray, or from December.
What are the 10th and 11th digits of the VIN?
If the 10th digit is M, then it is a 2021 model. If it is an N, then it is a 2022 model. I'm guessing it is an N since they've probably delivered most 2021 vehicles by now.
If the 11th digit is F, then it was built in Fremont. If it is A, then it was built in Austin. I'm guessing it is an F as it was probably built in Fremont.

What are the 10th and 11th digits of the VIN?
If the 10th digit is M, then it is a 2021 model. If it is an N, then it is a 2022 model. I'm guessing it is an N since they've probably delivered most 2021 vehicles by now.
If the 11th digit is F, then it was built in Fremont. If it is A, then it was built in Austin. I'm guessing it is an F as it was probably built in Fremont.
Correct. As of Nov 1, 10th digit has been N, the 2022 build. Still waiting to see that first A in the 11th spot.

My ETA for delivery is this march for long range. I know the performance models have been getting the global version of the headlights but does anyone know if the LRs are getting them this year too? if not can or will tesla install them after delivery?