Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vinyl cutout files for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But seriously guys... you don't need to buy pre-cut pieces. Installing one of these pre-cut is much more difficult than installing a blank square of vinyl then cutting around it.
Just buy this from amazon and get an X-Acto knife. Cut 3 giant squares of it and put each one in each section. Stick it down then cut the edges of the wrap off. Simple.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017KSDDDU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But seriously guys... you don't need to buy pre-cut pieces. Installing one of these pre-cut is much more difficult than installing a blank square of vinyl then cutting around it.
Just buy this from amazon and get an X-Acto knife. Cut 3 giant squares of it and put each one in each section. Stick it down then cut the edges of the wrap off. Simple.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017KSDDDU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cup holders would be hard to do in my opinion.

The cup holders would be hard to do in my opinion.
Let me know your thoughts when you try to do it. I tried it both ways.
The cup holders were not a problem. No heat required with 1080 vinyl.
I simply cut a smaller "figure 8" style hole through the vinyl into the cup holders and then perpendicular slices close to the edge of the cup holder, to help the vinyl as it is rolled down along the edges. Then I ran my knife along the crease between the original gloss black top and the chrome. Super easy.

Reactions: phtp and hapa_toast
Would anyone be interested in custom cutout files for the Model 3? I essentially dimensioned, measured, and tested a cut file for the center console and it works great. Also, I did one for the Tesla T emblem on the front, rear, steering wheel, and wheel center caps. I have these files in .ai (adobe illustrator format) and anyone with a vinyl cutter would be able to buy their own material and import my cut file to make whatever they want. I also am willing to make the stuff for you with my own carbon fiber material (not 3M 1080) for $15 and ship it to you directly.

I was thinking of selling the T logo stuff, but then I realized how much I love the Tesla family and also believe I would have a lot of trouble selling them anyway since they're trademarked. So my cut files are yours. Post here if you would be interested in either cut files or me making a more affordable carbon fiber center console wrap for you.

Here are a couple pictures of just the center console stuff and the center wheel cap:

View attachment 301101

View attachment 301102

View attachment 301103

Interested in the files if you could provide them. Thanks!

Reactions: hapa_toast
Forum has been dead for a few weeks, but hopefully people are still watching. A quick question
I purchased a set of red vinyl T emblems for my Black model 3 front and back insignias. LOVE how they look. Now I want to tinker with some more insignia work. Anyone know what color the standard red vinyl color is that people have been using to make red insignias? I am planning on just ordering a batch of red vinyl from amazon and have fun with my laser cutter, and there are lots of red. (Yes, before anyone says anything, I know the problem with Lasers and PVC, I have also researched the quantities of material that will be released in standard laser cutting, and the fact that we have an air scrubber system. For the quantity I will be releasing, we will be OK.)