TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

VInyl Scuff & Scratch on Interior B-Pillar

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Zungster, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Zungster

Zungster Member

Guys getting in and out of the car when I’m easy entry mode has me and other who want to sit in the drivers seat scratching up the interior vinyl on the B pillar. Any ideas how to repair this even a bit? I’m going to stick on felt pads but was hoping to fix it before hand a bit.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. M3 2018

M3 2018 Member

#2 M3 2018, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    I have the same thing upon entry/exit, I have no idea how to prevent this from getting worse. My guess is this effects taller people more.

My M3 is going to service on Monday, so I'm hoping Tesla will do something to help. After sharing pics they said it's normal wear and tear while I said it's slight a design issue for tall people. They told me they would see what they can do.

1) I want a solid way to protect the area to prevent future scratches that looks stock.
    2) How do you repair the existing scratches?

Thanks everybody!

3. MagicDog

MagicDog Member

I’ve had my car for only a week and noticed this yesterday... definitely would like to figure out a way to prevent it from getting worse. As a basic step I’ve adjusted easy entry to bring the seat forward.

Any ideas on how to clean the textile?

Attached Files:

4. Zungster

Zungster Member

Oh wow. The textile material getting scuffed up is the first that I’ve seen. I believe the tide pens might help loosen the dirt and then you can wipe with a wet cloth?

Here has been my solution thus far for the vinyl part

Attached Files:

5. DSaul

DSaul Member

You can use CarPro Pearl or Chemical Guys VRP to restore the plastic, vinyl, rubber. For the interior cloth you can use CarPro Inside (also good for leather) and a small brush to clean it, then wipe it off with a microfiber towel.

Almost every brand has products like that. I like CarPro and Chemical guys, but I guess any good brand will have good products for these tasks.