Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VInyl Scuff & Scratch on Interior B-Pillar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys getting in and out of the car when I’m easy entry mode has me and other who want to sit in the drivers seat scratching up the interior vinyl on the B pillar. Any ideas how to repair this even a bit? I’m going to stick on felt pads but was hoping to fix it before hand a bit.

Attachments

• 26F82EFD-C06C-4D0A-8D8A-BDE4C4870F12.jpeg
    26F82EFD-C06C-4D0A-8D8A-BDE4C4870F12.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 1,126
Reactions: M3 2018
I have the same thing upon entry/exit, I have no idea how to prevent this from getting worse. My guess is this effects taller people more.

My M3 is going to service on Monday, so I'm hoping Tesla will do something to help. After sharing pics they said it's normal wear and tear while I said it's slight a design issue for tall people. They told me they would see what they can do.

1) I want a solid way to protect the area to prevent future scratches that looks stock.
2) How do you repair the existing scratches?

Thanks everybody!

Last edited:
I’ve had my car for only a week and noticed this yesterday... definitely would like to figure out a way to prevent it from getting worse. As a basic step I’ve adjusted easy entry to bring the seat forward.

Any ideas on how to clean the textile?

Attachments

• 41A44AD0-6046-4DBE-94AD-4A00EB118B44.jpeg
    41A44AD0-6046-4DBE-94AD-4A00EB118B44.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 648
I’ve had my car for only a week and noticed this yesterday... definitely would like to figure out a way to prevent it from getting worse. As a basic step I’ve adjusted easy entry to bring the seat forward.

Any ideas on how to clean the textile?

Oh wow. The textile material getting scuffed up is the first that I’ve seen. I believe the tide pens might help loosen the dirt and then you can wipe with a wet cloth?

Here has been my solution thus far for the vinyl part

Attachments

• 5AAEF351-A541-4F6B-B758-99CE800BCF3F.jpeg
    5AAEF351-A541-4F6B-B758-99CE800BCF3F.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 646
You can use CarPro Pearl or Chemical Guys VRP to restore the plastic, vinyl, rubber. For the interior cloth you can use CarPro Inside (also good for leather) and a small brush to clean it, then wipe it off with a microfiber towel.

Almost every brand has products like that. I like CarPro and Chemical guys, but I guess any good brand will have good products for these tasks.

I have the same thing upon entry/exit, I have no idea how to prevent this from getting worse. My guess is this effects taller people more.

My M3 is going to service on Monday, so I'm hoping Tesla will do something to help. After sharing pics they said it's normal wear and tear while I said it's slight a design issue for tall people. They told me they would see what they can do.

1) I want a solid way to protect the area to prevent future scratches that looks stock.
2) How do you repair the existing scratches?

Thanks everybody!
I have the same problem. I was thinking of putting on a piece of tape over this spot. But was worry about taking off the tape and ruining the upholstery. or how about a molded plastic that fits over this corner.