Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

vinyl wrap covering sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not a big deal to have them cut the protection wrap out from over the sensors, that's what they did to mine a couple weeks ago when I had it done. I watched them do it, it looked very simple.

And if I had my sensors covered and not cut out by someone, I'd go back and have them cut it out. You've probably paid plenty enough to get them to properly cover your car, it's not worth the possible degradation of the sensors and finding out the hard way, damaging your wrap job and your car!

It's not a big deal to have them cut the protection wrap out from over the sensors, that's what they did to mine a couple weeks ago when I had it done. I watched them do it, it looked very simple.

And if I had my sensors covered and not cut out by someone, I'd go back and have them cut it out. You've probably paid plenty enough to get them to properly cover your car, it's not worth the possible degradation of the sensors and finding out the hard way, damaging your wrap job and your car!

That's fine if you got a clear wrap like XPEL, but in my case it's a blue wrap and the car underneath is white so that would not look good. We did some testing by covering the sensors with wrap and making sure they still worked before we did the whole car. I've had the wrap for 8 months now with no issues. YMMV

That's fine if you got a clear wrap like XPEL, but in my case it's a blue wrap and the car underneath is white so that would not look good. We did some testing by covering the sensors with wrap and making sure they still worked before we did the whole car. I've had the wrap for 8 months now with no issues. YMMV
Whoops, my mistake, didn't catch the vinyl part. Hope it works then!

For those who don't know, these are the ultrasonic sensors.
Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 4.03.45 PM.png

My sensors worked okay since I had it wrapped in vinyl a year ago. After some recent repairs that required wrapping again (by a different company this time) there were some issues but all they had to do to fix it was place their finger on the wrap over each sensors and move in a circle with a little pressure to make sure there was no air gap. Now it seems to work even better than before :)

Also I did not want to cut out the wrap since I got my dark blue Tesla wrapped in a medium blue (Avery Brilliant Blue Matte Metallic), at least 2 people have copied me in Chicago after seeing my car lol (a football player on the Bears with a P85D and a BMW driver). Here is a pic:

Attachments

• IMG_8922.jpg
    IMG_8922.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 493