TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

VIP Factory Tour on 2 June

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Sonny Daze, May 13, 2017.

1. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

Does anyone think Tesla will announce any information about the 3 to the public in conjunction with this event?

2. Kcharwood

Kcharwood Member

And can I be a plus 1? I'll cover airfare for anyone who wants to bring me :)

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

It's unlikely. I'd expect to see info withheld until the launch event (currently not scheduled).

• Like x 1
  4. 22522

22522 Member

These are rehearsals. So there will be information released to the public some time after the event.

5. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Well, hopefully, something may be gleaned from a response to a question in the "Ask Franz" session... followed by up to 2 months of speculation here about what Franz actually meant with that response... all of which may be thrown into additional turmoil by a subsequent tweet from Elon. ;)

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

Anyone need a plus one???

7. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

I think there will be *some* small tidbit of information released to the attendees that they will allow to be publicized. Something to whet the communities appetite for the following month.

8. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

If anyone who doesn't have a +1 I would like to be your huckleberry.

Would cover travel for privilege of being able to tag along.

If my sponsor had any questions that were answered unsatisfactorily by Franz, I will ask the same questions in a different manner hoping to get your desired response. :)

9. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

I'm going - on the 3rd. (I'm someone else's +1. lol)

I don't expect to learn much. We'll probably get to see how the robots are doing on the new line(s.) The Model 3 we'll get to see is one of the original reveal cars, according to the invite. So not even one of the release candidates. That tells me they're still keeping everthing tight-lipped.

10. T34ME

T34ME Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! [​IMG]

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Hmmm... very interesting. So there's something very interesting about the release candidates that is visible on close inspection that isn't noticeable as they drive around Palo Alto.

My suspicions:

1. The interior in the RC cars is a fake.. matching the the alpha cars from a distance but obviously false, when up close.

2. I think that the charge-port door will reveal dual ports... one Tesla and one CCS.

12. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

Tell me about it. ;) I was disappointed to hear that. I'll cry if it's the plastic, red one. ;)

13. Big-T

Big-T Member

If it's not known by June 2nd- maybe someone at the event can ask about a firm date for the next reveal? Tesla time for "July" tells me Monday July 31st, I'd love to definitively hear I'm wrong.

14. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

I thought the invitation just said "private Model 3 viewing" and the RSVP said "Exclusive Model 3 viewing" with no reference to any specific version of vehicle?
    Details On Tesla Model 3 Viewing On June 2

15. Petra

Petra Member

I don't remember seeing that on the invite or RSVP confirmation... I hope that isn't the case, but I can certainly see how it may be.

I was hoping that this event would provide an opportunity to check seat supportiveness/quality and basic driver/passenger ergonomics, but I may have been hoping for too much. From what we've seen so far, the RCs look too have different seats than the Alpha cars from last year, so not much in the way of useful information would be gained even if they did let us get in.

I guess I should go back to hoping for some kind of test drive/ride along/sit-in-the-car event after the final reveal, but before being in a position where I need to confirm an order.

16. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

#16 Bimbels, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    I was wrong - It wasn't in the invite - it was in an email sent to the guy who I'm going with. Sorry we were doing a lot of emailing and I forgot exactly where I'd seen it. Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 5.44.42 PM.png

Bummer though. :(