Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIP Factory Tour on 2 June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone who doesn't have a +1 I would like to be your huckleberry.

Would cover travel for privilege of being able to tag along.

If my sponsor had any questions that were answered unsatisfactorily by Franz, I will ask the same questions in a different manner hoping to get your desired response. :)

I'm going - on the 3rd. (I'm someone else's +1. lol)

I don't expect to learn much. We'll probably get to see how the robots are doing on the new line(s.) The Model 3 we'll get to see is one of the original reveal cars, according to the invite. So not even one of the release candidates. That tells me they're still keeping everthing tight-lipped.

IThe Model 3 we'll get to see is one of the original reveal cars, according to the invite. So not even one of the release candidates. .

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
faint.jpg

I don't expect to learn much. We'll probably get to see how the robots are doing on the new line(s.) The Model 3 we'll get to see is one of the original reveal cars, according to the invite. So not even one of the release candidates. That tells me they're still keeping everthing tight-lipped.

Hmmm... very interesting. So there's something very interesting about the release candidates that is visible on close inspection that isn't noticeable as they drive around Palo Alto.

My suspicions:

1. The interior in the RC cars is a fake.. matching the the alpha cars from a distance but obviously false, when up close.

2. I think that the charge-port door will reveal dual ports... one Tesla and one CCS.

I thought the invitation just said "private Model 3 viewing" and the RSVP said "Exclusive Model 3 viewing" with no reference to any specific version of vehicle?
Details On Tesla Model 3 Viewing On June 2

The Model 3 we'll get to see is one of the original reveal cars, according to the invite. So not even one of the release candidates
I don't remember seeing that on the invite or RSVP confirmation... I hope that isn't the case, but I can certainly see how it may be.

I was hoping that this event would provide an opportunity to check seat supportiveness/quality and basic driver/passenger ergonomics, but I may have been hoping for too much. From what we've seen so far, the RCs look too have different seats than the Alpha cars from last year, so not much in the way of useful information would be gained even if they did let us get in.

I guess I should go back to hoping for some kind of test drive/ride along/sit-in-the-car event after the final reveal, but before being in a position where I need to confirm an order.

I don't remember seeing that on the invite or RSVP confirmation... I hope that isn't the case, but I can certainly see how it may be.

I was wrong - It wasn't in the invite - it was in an email sent to the guy who I'm going with. Sorry we were doing a lot of emailing and I forgot exactly where I'd seen it.
Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 5.44.42 PM.png

Bummer though. :(

Last edited: