Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIP tour findings/discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. Short version is it was a very nice event and tour but nothing very groundbreaking for this audience. Franz gave a talk that was mostly prepared comments. He did take some questions but declined to discuss future cars including, oddly, the model 3.

The tour was good as always. The model 3 area was curtained off but loosely. There was nothing to see anyway, just robots and rails and boxes.

The 3 will have its own BIW line and final assembly line. The BIW #1 is still all model S and #2 is all model X, same as always.

We got an up close looks at the model 3 but it's turned in a way that we cannot see the interior. It's the silver with white interior and it looks gorgeous. No demand problem for this car.

Maybe someone smarter than me will glean something else but I didn't come away with new info.

I will chime in a bit as I was part of the AM tour.
The tour was very similar to a 'normal' factory tour
As Austin indicated the '3' area was still draped off but you could see things in gaps in the curtains.

Edit: Want to adher to NDA

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo and TMSE
It's interesting how that they didn't let anyone see the interior at all (maybe I'm reading to much into this), but could it be that the actual interior is still a secret and the mules are just barely fitted enough to drive. Especially since Elon said that the steering controls will be futuristic, and with the current design that we have seen it still doesn't look too futuristic.

It's interesting how that they didn't let anyone see the interior at all (maybe I'm reading to much into this), but could it be that the actual interior is still a secret and the mules are just barely fitted enough to drive. Especially since Elon said that the steering controls will be futuristic, and with the current design that we have seen it still doesn't look too futuristic.

Never hope for better. You'll be disappointed, at least for a while.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt