Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIP tour findings/discussion

austinEV

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
May 16, 2013
Austin
Making this thread for a place to compare notes and chit chat.

I will be on the 2pm tour, I know others will be on earlier tours. 1pm is the talk with franz.

My twitter is @bgotchall. I might or might not tweet, depending on what the ask of us and what I learn.

austinEV

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
May 16, 2013
Austin
Ok. Short version is it was a very nice event and tour but nothing very groundbreaking for this audience. Franz gave a talk that was mostly prepared comments. He did take some questions but declined to discuss future cars including, oddly, the model 3.

The tour was good as always. The model 3 area was curtained off but loosely. There was nothing to see anyway, just robots and rails and boxes.

The 3 will have its own BIW line and final assembly line. The BIW #1 is still all model S and #2 is all model X, same as always.

We got an up close looks at the model 3 but it's turned in a way that we cannot see the interior. It's the silver with white interior and it looks gorgeous. No demand problem for this car.

Maybe someone smarter than me will glean something else but I didn't come away with new info.

AlMc

'When the music is on...you gotta dance' (Go Elon)
Apr 23, 2013
Delaware
I will chime in a bit as I was part of the AM tour.
The tour was very similar to a 'normal' factory tour
As Austin indicated the '3' area was still draped off but you could see things in gaps in the curtains.

Edit: Want to adher to NDA

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo and TMSE

HEIDELCEDRIC

Maximum Plaid Member
Jul 17, 2016
El Paso, TX, USA
It's interesting how that they didn't let anyone see the interior at all (maybe I'm reading to much into this), but could it be that the actual interior is still a secret and the mules are just barely fitted enough to drive. Especially since Elon said that the steering controls will be futuristic, and with the current design that we have seen it still doesn't look too futuristic.

austinEV

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
May 16, 2013
Austin
I will chime in a bit as I was part of the AM tour.
The tour was very similar to a 'normal' factory tour
As Austin indicated the '3' area was still draped off but you could see things in gaps in the curtains.

Edit: Want to adher to NDA

I was thinking of the NDA but I literally don't think we learned anything.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
It's interesting how that they didn't let anyone see the interior at all (maybe I'm reading to much into this), but could it be that the actual interior is still a secret and the mules are just barely fitted enough to drive. Especially since Elon said that the steering controls will be futuristic, and with the current design that we have seen it still doesn't look too futuristic.

Never hope for better. You'll be disappointed, at least for a while.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC