Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIP tour findings/discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So true. I think they are all stamped out of one of those molds in the back. They're all about 5'6" tall, super thin, and all wear the same outfit.

Wait a minute!!? They're all robots!!

I've heard from a reliable source there is a market for human looking robots that look like a 20 something year old female. :D:p

I was in the morning group and it seemed like the same tour and they took extra care not to show or talk about M3. Franz was in total PR mode not to say anything particular about it.

It was a good event but it was just the standard tour ending in a nice lunch and canned version of Q&A for referring owners. Would have appreciated more visibility than normal such as a look at the test track or a closer look at a prod candidate M3...that would be fitting since everyone was an owner/advocate that has contributed directly to the sales goals and more than likely has an M3 reservation.

We did get a thank you and acknowledgement from the VP of sales so that was appreciated

Event sounds like a total bust as far as new information, but I didn't expect Tesla to give away any confidential information. There was close to 100% chance that anything new would have been published on Electrek before the event was even over.

Based on plant being busier, any thoughts on production capacity? Are they building S/X flat out? A lot of expectations are for lower deliveries this quarter. I expect they want more inventory when foot traffic for Model 3 starts. If they build over 27,000 and sell close to 25,000 it would be a blowout quarter.

It's interesting how that they didn't let anyone see the interior at all (maybe I'm reading to much into this), but could it be that the actual interior is still a secret and the mules are just barely fitted enough to drive. Especially since Elon said that the steering controls will be futuristic, and with the current design that we have seen it still doesn't look too futuristic.

After seeing the 15" screen protruding from the dash with its hard corners, I find it hard to believe that they are showing the final interior. It just doesn't seem very safe

After seeing the 15" screen protruding from the dash with its hard corners, I find it hard to believe that they are showing the final interior. It just doesn't seem very safe

I asked the same question, but of course got an "I don't know" answer. It protrudes so much, that even leaning on the edge looks like quite a bit of leverage from the fulcrum.. I could see someone, say, large and older, placing their hand on the corner to help them in or out of the car and snapping that thing right off, or at a minimum, breaking or cracking the screen... unless the outside shell is made of some super non-bending material. And what about crash-testing? Can't wait to see how that fares with passengers flailing about inside the cabin.

I would hope that the actual production M3 has the screen built into the dash a bit more like MX/MS, but I'm not holding my breath, either.

5 stages for Model 3 car design/production:
1. design prototype - what you saw at the reveal last year
2. alpha prototype*
3. beta prototype*
4. release candidate
5. production car

*supposedly alpha & beta cars were not built fully out and that's why there have been no public sightings of them.

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo