Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vipertoads 2022 Model S Plaid Build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, some of you may know me from IG or the FB groups, I go by Vipertoad. Scooped a 2022 MSP from a private party a few weeks ago and absolutely loving the car. This will be my new daily driver and replace my 2020 Ford Raptor I've been driving for the last two years. I have 3 kids, oldest is 6, so needed something that can fit a family of 5 comfortably (including 3 kids seats in the backrow), and still be fast/fun/reliable/luxurious etc. Tesla MSP was a no brainer as it's a 9 second car, with tons of room, and an incredible interior. Best part about it is no more filling up gas!

I was a paypal deposit away from closing the deal on a blue with white interior MSP in Ohio, but found a slightly better deal here locally in Scottsadle. It was a black 22 MSP with white interior and 19s. Only 2200 miles, and already had a couple of things done that I loved. It had 5% ceramic tint all around, 35% windshield. What sold me on the car is that it has stars in the headliner! Previous owner is friends with owner of EA Wraps that do the headliner customizations and add the stars to it. It's SO awesome at night, unexplainable how cool it looks to all the passengers. Something I personally thought I would never do to a car, but now that I have it, I'd want this done in all future rides, it's just so cool!! Kids are obsessed with it, but I think I like it more than them!

As with all my cars, I like to do quite a bit of customization to the exterior and make it my own. This car will be getting the full Vipertoad treatment. Drop, wheels, wrap, brakes painted, etc. I'll be posting updates as I go through the build, so here's a few of the car at the previous owners house, these are the photos he sent me when I was inquiring about it:

Untitled by Toad, on Flickr

Cont'd in next post..

Reactions: SBDPlaid
First order of business was to remove that god awful front plate and wheel covers:

Weekend before last, I installed the N2itive lowering links set at -7 front / -8 rears:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car is currently at wrap shop getting a full body wrap done (not disclosing color yet, going to do a YT reveal!) and new wheels should be going on Friday (hopefully!)

I went with Variant Argon 20x10/11 in Gloss Black with Kumho Ecsta PS91 275/35/20 and 295/35/20 tires. This will be a temporary setup until my forged custom 21s get here!

Lookin good! Pics of the star ceiling?
I have a black on white as well and did matte PPF with BC Forged 21s
36273356-321A-48CC-B4B4-DB7877517387.jpeg
94052A50-55E6-4947-8599-CA3848C0B49C.jpeg

Reactions: nilesborg and glide
Lookin good! Pics of the star ceiling?
I have a black on white as well and did matte PPF with BC Forged 21sView attachment 782515View attachment 782516

LOVE your car man! I have custom 21s on order that should sit 1mm less aggressive than yours front and back, your car was the inspo behind it!! I'll take some photos of the star ceiling when I get a chance, it's insane inside haha.

UPDATE:

Ok, so picked up the Plaid from the wrap shop on Thursday last week. Wrap came out incredible!! SUPERRR happy with the color. In the shop the sample swatch of Inozetek Miami Blue looked dull, but on the entire car it's super bright and poppy. Came out wayyy better than I expected it to.

I picked up my 20" Variant Argon wheels from the Variant HQ, and I had my mobile tire installer Nate with Lug Wrench Heroes come to my house on Friday to mount the Kumhos and get them on. For tires, I'm running 275/35/20 Kumho Ecsta PS91 and 295/35/20 Kumho Ecsta PS91. Rears are a little taller than the front, but it looks really good and gives the car a meaty look in the back. Wheel specs are 20x10 +35 / 20x11 +40. My new 21s coming will be 5mm more aggressive all around.

While nate was mounting the tires, I adjusted the lowering links down to -8 front , -9 rear. Perfect setup now IMO. When the 21s go on I'll go another hair lower to -9 / -10.

Here is the final product for now:

Tomorrow, I have Skyler (@thewheelking) coming to my house to paint the calipers white, with miami blue "PLAID" decals :)

I'll post more photos once that's done!

Let me know what you think of the new setup!

@bigboost here are some photos of the star ceiling, they flicker and get brighter/dimmer, and I usually have them on color changing mode, so they go through the entire spectrum of colors on a loop, it's really crazy in person! The kids absolutely love it haha. Remote controls everything, and you can make them any color you want, or go through color loop, etc. Lots of different mods all remote controlled. This was done by EA Wraps in Scottsdale.

Alright guys, so moving on, Skyler @TheWheelKing did his magic yesterday and the results speak for themselves!! Gloss white calipers, with miami blue PLAID logo using the original TESLA font.

Took some photos today of the entire look in the sun, major South Beach vibes!! With the windows down it looks crazy seeing the white calipers and the white interior against the miami blue:

by Toad, on Flickr

Lastly, I finally installed my custom rock guards I've been working on for about a week. These are made from 1/8" ABS Plastic. Side that faces the wheels is rough, other side is smooth with matte carbon wrap on it. I'm working with a manufacturer in California to see about having these mass produced, sent him a prototype earlier this week to trace. These use the factory push pin spot (with a longer push pin) and double sided tape, no drilling! All the other rock/mud guards on the market are so ugly and generic looking, with an ugly square shape to them. These flow super well with the body lines and look beautiful, as anything on the Plaid should.