Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virgin Galactic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like someone forgot his slippers for a New Mexico sleepover!

Attachments

• E6A-2GfVEAESZrr.jpg
    E6A-2GfVEAESZrr.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Funny
Reactions: HVM and Matias
Richard Branson is more like a rich adventurer from a hundred years ago. So that when he dies, he can say how full his life was.

Elon Musk is a nerd wanting to make money. He probably chickened out going into space himself.
I’m glad Elon is staying on the ground, his brain power is needed to solve problems. Not so much for the other two.

• Funny
Reactions: wws and scaesare
Stephen Colbert taking the piss out of Sir Branson was the best part of the whole thing. Second best was learning the name of one of the commentator's daughters is "Delta V". The rest was just marketing fluff.

Reactions: e-FTW
What in the definition of being in space requires orbiting?
Nothing, arnold. Just sharing my gently tongue-in-cheek personal opinion, as watching Branson celebrate his flight made it look like he had somehow conquered space for all mankind, whilst I feel that really he's just had a glorified airplane ride with a little something extra, while trying to advertise to his potential clients..

Watched a CNBS interview this morning with Branson and learned something I hadn't heard before. When asked about Elon going to Space, Sir Richard responded that Elon has held a VG ticket for many years. He didn't indicate where Elon was in the queue or if he was even still interested in eventually using his ticket.

Also, can confirm that Elon is not the holder of the winning auction ticket to fly with Bezos next Tuesday. Blue Origin is still waiting for FAA approval to fly commercial passengers. It could come this week, but until that happens that auction seat seems in doubt. I can't see any issues with Bezos, his brother or Wally Funk. Her seat was gifted by Bezos.

Watched a CNBS interview this morning with Branson and learned something I hadn't heard before. When asked about Elon going to Space, Sir Richard responded that Elon has held a VG ticket for many years. He didn't indicate where Elon was in the queue or if he was even still interested in eventually using his ticket.

Also, can confirm that Elon is not the holder of the winning auction ticket to fly with Bezos next Tuesday. Blue Origin is still waiting for FAA approval to fly commercial passengers. It could come this week, but until that happens that auction seat seems in doubt. I can't see any issues with Bezos, his brother or Wally Funk. Her seat was gifted by Bezos.

Nice that Elon has a ticket!