Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virginia Plates... How Long from Purchase to Plates/Registration Arriving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you wanted to do personalized license plate for your Tesla. Can you do that from the get go ? or do you have to wait for the non personalized plate to be mail to you first ? Thx.
I would get the normal random ones and then get the new ones. Better than Tesla messing it up or being late. They have enough to do and are always just in time getting any plates to you.

Interesting. They gave me new plates when I picked it up in Richmond (Sept 2020). No paper plates. They almost messed up the registration (tried to use a city instead of the county I live in). Handed me the registration to carry in the car. The title was mailed and seemed to take a long time though (Covid?).

I had the option to transfer the plates from another car to the Tesla but found out it would actually cost more than just getting new plates. New plate fees applied along with the transfer fee so I just went with the new plates and kept the old car (now fitted with antique plates).

And they put on new plates they had available.