Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virginia Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Blue/white, no FSD,19" wheels, tow on June 10th. Just picked it up in Norfolk Yesterday. Fremont build- no overt issues. The center was very helpful; they went over the most important features and had me drive around the lot to be sure I was comfortable. No matrix lights but I'm not complaining because they are much brighter than those in my 2011 Camry.

Reactions: Bob2C and McCain73
Ordered Blue/white, no FSD,19" wheels, tow on June 10th. Just picked it up in Norfolk Yesterday. Fremont build- no overt issues. The center was very helpful; they went over the most important features and had me drive around the lot to be sure I was comfortable. No matrix lights but I'm not complaining because they are much brighter than those in my 2011 Camry.
I also picked up at Norfolk in early December. It is a good service center.

Reactions: treker
Team Blue!!!!!

Reactions: treker
That was part of the reason, yes. Also thought it would add to resale value. No change yet, and prob not likely. SA said it may have actually just put me at the end of a different line, though nothing has changed yet, so no more changes for me.

Understood. I was thinking doing something similar switching from 19" to 20" wheels. I have seen a number of posts where others made that switch and their VIN was assigned a few days later. However, I am concerned for the same reason you mentioned creating a new reason to be delayed.

I’ve read those posts also, but when I spoke to a SA last weekend about wheels he said it really doesn’t impact delivery dates, from what he’s seen. Who really knows. I’m not motivated by larger wheels that cost $2k more and sacrificing some range, not to mention the additional cost of replacement tires. I test drove Ys on both sizes at different dates and don’t there is much difference. These were short 15 minute drives 6 weeks apart, so maybe memory not great.

I test drove MYLR yesterday for a hour with 20" wheels. I thought they were fine overall. I do not think I will actually make the change from what I ordered. However, if one came up in inventory tomorrow with my colors with the 20" wheels I would not hesitate to take it.

I got lucky. I went by the SC after lunch on Tuesday and no one was there. The SA told me they did not have someone scheduled for a demo for about 1.5 hours. He answered my questions he did me a solid with an entire hour demo. I will have to admit the MYLR was a blast to drive on a pure joy ride.

Took delivery yesterday afternoon at Tysons. Smooth pickup. Spent about 30 min looking over vehicle before I signed. Everything was great. Got it in my garage today to further inspect found 2 dings in the drivers side front and rear door. One on the driver door is right on the body line. The other is low on the rear door. I did file it with Tesla and they scheduled an appointment for next week at the SC. I’m debating on getting my guy here to pop them out. I know the kind of work he does. Tesla will probably just send it to a body shop. But overall happy. No issues with panel gaps.

Attachments

• 7300D667-82D5-4343-885E-0F83A934966C.jpeg
    7300D667-82D5-4343-885E-0F83A934966C.jpeg
    893.8 KB · Views: 54