TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Virtual Fist-bumps All Around

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by chriSharek, May 23, 2015.

1. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Well, I ordered my baby today. Can't thank everyone here enough for all their input and support. Funny story though.

I was at the financial cap my wife set and needed to decide on the Air Suspension OR Premium Audio. When I was ordering, I selected only the Air Suspension and was ready to click "order" and she reached over, took the mouse from my hand, ALSO check the Premium Sound, and said, "Happy Birthday". I've got a great wife!

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and counsel!

Now the real wait begins, right? Only 101 days . . .

(signature line updated appropriately!)

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Supportive wives are the best. Congrats!

3. 1208

1208 Active Member

Congratulations!:smile:

4. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

But, that wasn't the right way to ...

Oh, never mind.

Congrats. :)

5. smsprague

smsprague Member

I got mine for my birthday last year also. Congrats and tell your wife way to go.

6. Phil K

Phil K Member

Congratulations! Now you will go through the painful waiting period as we all have experienced. Enjoy!

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Congrats Chris! After all that back and forth, lol at your wife. You think you will still add in the aftermarket subwoofer to the Premium Sound?

8. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

this is a good question, Cyclone. I've been driving a P85D since yesterday afternoon with the premium audio. It sounds OK if you turn the dolby off. I'm still not that impressed with the bass. I'm afraid if I get the premium audio, the wife won't let me put in the sub after spending the $2,500. Which makes me think maybe I'll delete it from the order and get the NVX aftermarket system.

But, at some point, my time is valuable too! Not sure yet. 100 days from today is my targeted delivery date . . . guh. :)

9. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

I'd say live with the upgraded sound a bit, and play with the settings to see if you can hit a sweet spot for you. You might find it works just fine, I get pretty good bass out of mine.

Congratulations, happy the day finally arrived (and happy birthday)!

10. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

down to how many hz does the premium system go before rolloff? anyone got a frequency curve?

11. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

This is a great question. It's missing the low end bass. No doubt. However, I'm not a fan of the way all the sound comes from the front.

I hate to make this statement, but the Bose system in my Volt is better all around than the premium sound in the P85D that I was driving this past weekend.