Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virtual rumble strips?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks,

Wondering if it's me just noticing or did a recent update just install the feeling of driving over rumble strips when the car is steered onto one of the lane markers (yellow solid line, white solid line, white dashed line) without the blinker being on? Seems I've just noticed this in the last week or so, but I got my last update probably 3 weeks ago, and I haven't read anything about virtual rumble strips.

Thanks.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I think the LDW "steering wheel vibration" felt a lot more like a rumble strip in a 2016 I drove than my 2017. They changed steering racks between AP1 and AP2.5, so I figured that was why. While the feature isn't new, it may be possible that a software update could have made it more pronounced.

Thanks. Must have been turned off for most of the time I've had the car and just got turned on. I'll look for the setting. I don't like either real rumble strips or virtual. If I want to drive on the line for a good reason, I don't want some safety system indicating that I am being unsafe.