Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Visalia, CA #2 (under construction May 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that was easy! Thanks!

@wehearttessla @gilscales:
That doesn't mean there isn't one, it just means that no one has search the city online permits database and found it. It's quite possible that one has been lodged but no-one has checked. They don't appear on supercharge.info automatically - someone has to do the leg work and then post here or send it in to the site once found.

I saw on Tesla's supercharger website (must use desktop, not mobile) that it's being planned at the corner of Court and Main in downtown Visalia.

No - that's just the centre of the town. The grey dots on Tesla's website don't indicate an exact location. Only the red ones.

• Informative
Reactions: sdoorex and MarcoRP
@wehearttessla @gilscales:
That doesn't mean there isn't one, it just means that no one has search the city online permits database and found it. It's quite possible that one has been lodged but no-one has checked. They don't appear on supercharge.info automatically - someone has to do the leg work and then post here or send it in to the site once found.

No - that's just the centre of the town. The grey dots on Tesla's website don't indicate an exact location. Only the red ones.
Thanks for the input! I’ll see if I can figure out how to research it. It is a random location not exactly in the middle of lots of Tesla owners so no one may have researched it yet.

If I had to guess, and this is strictly a guess, the Supercharger would be at the hotel just east of SR99 off SR198. Ample parking to install a Supercharger, although not a whole lot to do. This is convenient for ingress to and egress from Sequoia National Park, and it is only a 2-3 minute detour off 99 for north-south travelers.

I searched through Visalia building permit records from the start of 2018 to today. Nothing explicitly supercharger related. The closest possible is an application from November 2018 that's had the permit issued for "INSTALL EV CHARGING STATION AND RESTRIPE OF NEW 12' VAN ACCESSIBLE EV PARKING WITH 5' ACCESS AISLE" at the Wyndham Hotel, 9000 W. Airport Rd. (record # B184237)

I don't think that one is very likely to be a supercharger as the descriptions for them are usually different. But Visalia's online system only offers that single description and nothing else, so there aren't enough details to be able to really tell.

Any more news on a potential Visalia supercharger (site/timing)? I visit the region occasionally and having one available would make taking the Tesla a feasible option. Right now the 99 is a supercharger wasteland.2
If you have to stay in the area then the Holiday inn express has 2 destination chargers, last I looked it did not show up on anything (plug share, Tesla site) but they are there, I have used them.

Holiday Inn Express Visalia

Last edited:
According to anecdotes gathered by the Central Valley Tesla Group on FB, the location might be at the Residence Inn just east of 99 off SR198. The permit is at the city, and the estimate is for construction to start some time in August. The location is rumored to have 14-20 stalls.

Maybe someone who lives in or near Visalia can drop by the building permit office and find out more definite information.

This is a relief for those who prefer 99. It makes reaching Mojave less difficult and will take a little pressure off Fresno for those coming or going to Sacramento.

Looking at Google Maps right at that intersection no businesses stand out as a likely location.

I suppose we don’t know at this point if it’ll just be 8 stalls or a 40-stall mecca like Kettleman. 99 has never been a Tesla priority so I’m guessing it’ll be ~10 stalls, hopefully V3.
The address is 6610 Betty Dr. It's on the NW corner of the intersection of Betty Rd. and Rd. 67, just a tiny bit to the east of Hwy 99. Google Maps shows that there's currently a mobile home park there but the Supercharger is planned to be part of a redevelopment of that lot into a mixed commercial property with a Comfort Inn & Suites hotel, 3 or 4 fast food restaurants, a truck stop and travel center with fueling station, big rig parking, and the superchargers. This info came from reading the other projects they have listed, specifically Comfort Inn--which shows the superchargers on the background plans and calls them out in the description--and Goshen Address.

I looked up the property on the Tulare County planning and permitting portal. No building permits yet. But a planning review for that address took place sometime last year and was approved in June--Project Review Committee 18-046. The latest update I found in that filing was for some notices applied on December 19. But the portal program really doesn't give hardly any public information, so there's no way to tell whether the application was for this development or something else. Or, even if it was for this project, if it included the portion that would eventually be the superchargers or was just a sub-portion, etc. Though the Omni website mentioned that they had already applied for planning approvals and talked about it like it was for the whole thing.

Last edited:
The address is 6610 Betty Dr. It's on the NW corner of the intersection of Betty Rd. and Rd. 67, just a tiny bit to the east of Hwy 99. Google Maps shows that there's currently a mobile home park there but the Supercharger is planned to be part of a redevelopment of that lot into a mixed commercial property with a Comfort Inn & Suites hotel, 3 or 4 fast food restaurants, a truck stop and travel center with fueling station, big rig parking, and the superchargers. This info came from reading the other projects they have listed, specifically Comfort Inn--which shows the superchargers on the background plans and calls them out in the description--and Goshen Address.

I looked up the property on the Tulare County planning and permitting portal. No building permits yet. But a planning review for that address took place sometime last year and was approved in June--Project Review Committee 18-046. The latest update I found in that filing was for some notices applied on December 19. But the portal program really doesn't give hardly any public information, so there's no way to tell whether the application was for this development or something else. Or, even if it was for this project, if it included the portion that would eventually be the superchargers or was just a sub-portion, etc. Though the Omni website mentioned that they had already applied for planning approvals and talked about it like it was for the whole thing.

I can confirm this information provided above as it is a redevelopment and the Tesla Supercharger site being proposed is a 20 stall V3 site. As of the latest information I have received it looks to be in service Q1 of 2020.

Reactions: JDBurch and mociaf9