Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visible light blocked with all glass roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It blocks quite a bit. I can look directly at the sun and it's like looking at a light bulb....not something I'd want to do for more than a few seconds, but not immediately blinding.
Please do not look directly at the sun -- even for a "few seconds" -- you can damage your eyes. The tint level in a Tesla glass roof is not sufficient to protect your eyes.

See Safety | Eclipse 2017

Quote: "Looking directly at the Sun is unsafe except during the brief total phase of a solar eclipse (“totality”), when the Moon entirely blocks the Sun’s bright face, which will happen only within the narrow path of totality. The only safe way to look directly at the uneclipsed or partially eclipsed Sun is through special-purpose solar filters, such as “eclipse glasses” or hand-held solar viewers. Homemade filters or ordinary sunglasses, even very dark ones, are not safe for looking at the Sun."

Kind of odd that they did away with the solid roof - I specifically wanted a car with the solid roof. Might be an odd preference, but I like a dark interior...in all my previous cars that had a sunroof, I never used them or even kept the shade open.

I think the all glass roof is a cool wow factor, but when you're the driver..you don't even notice what is above your head..so its really more for rear passengers or again, that wow factor when showing off the car.

Now if they had an all glass roof that went seamlessly frame windshield to the roof, that would be something (sort of like the X).