Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visible lines/relief cuts with PPF wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there should only be really one seem on the mirror, this is because it has to be done in two pieces so you will see the edges meeting. the "front" of the mirror can be covered in one piece, and then the side needs to be done in another. because of this you will see where those two edges meet.

the way those mirrors are designed, there shouldn't be any rock chips or damage to the inside of the mirror (painted piece facing the car), but another piece can be added there when needed.

There would be far too much tension on the film to wrap those mirrors in one piece. They might stay down long enough to leave the shop and last a little while but you'd be right back at the installer's shop because the film has lifted.

Here is the relief cut on mine.
MirrorReliefCut.jpg

Can folks who've gotten PPF done before please comment on where these lines/cuts typically occur?

From an earlier post, it looks like many will just wrap the front of the mirrors.

My mirrors are fully wrapped with 1 piece and no relief cuts. Prestige ClearGuard Nano SR. It can be done with the right film and an experienced installer. The only ‘pattern cut pieces’ on my full frontal PPF are the headlights/foglights. Hood and fenders cut from bulk. My front bumper is 1 piece hand cut. My installer now does the front bumper in 2 pieces with the small second piece being the bottom of the air inlet.

4D6FEC81-94DF-4B7D-9DF3-0D575730B835.jpeg

2E3233E4-0DE9-4B33-8F16-EDAD599DA5CE.jpeg

07C9F2E0-EB8F-4EA8-900D-86217312AECC.jpeg

Last edited:
My mirrors are fully wrapped with 1 piece and no relief cuts. Prestige ClearGuard Nano SR. It can be done with the right film and an experienced installer. The only ‘pattern cut pieces’ on my full frontal PPF are the headlights/foglights. Hood and fenders cut from bulk. My front bumper is 1 piece hand cut. My installer now does the front bumper in 2 pieces with the small second piece being the bottom of the air inlet.

View attachment 380621

View attachment 380622

View attachment 380623
Looks great, who was your installer? I decided I'm happy with my install the price was good but your mirrors are definitely better. I think most installers make a relief cut.

Looks great, who was your installer? I decided I'm happy with my install the price was good but your mirrors are definitely better. I think most installers make a relief cut.

Your relief cut looks minimal and well hidden. Same with the bumper cover. I’d be happy as well. After some of the really bad jobs I’ve seen I’m really glad I found Fabian. Materials aside it really is all about the professional installing it.

Fabian Evelyn in Markham, Ontario

Home > Evelyn Protective Films & Coatings | Markham | Toronto | GTA

Reactions: Glamisduner