TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Visible Tesla Thinks I have the wrong car

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Joelgjr, May 31, 2018.

1. Joelgjr

Joelgjr Member

Hi Everyone - As I'm continuing to learn about my new S100D, I stumbled across VisibleTesla. I set up the app and it seems to have the controls active, similar to what the RemoteS App can do.

However, in the "Overview" tab, it indicates that I have a 2012 70D with a body colored roof and no wheels (the image of the car literally shows it without wheels on it). It is correct though with the color, premium package, and air suspension. It thinks I don't have parking sensors (which obviously I do) based on the MY2017.

Any ideas why this would be? When I go into Preferences under the Overrides sub-menu, under Model, 100D isn't even an option (assuming the developer stopped updating the software?

Do I have some kind of Frankenstein car?

Capture.JPG

2. luckyj

luckyj Member

Some time back, the data returned by the Tesla API changed a bit. Wondering if that project is active and updated? It might be reading some incorrect data elements...

3. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

You must park in a rough neighborhood...

• Funny x 3
  4. Joelgjr

Joelgjr Member

hahaha - all that is missing from that picture is the cinder blocks

5. SabrToothSqrl

Haven't you heard? Too expensive. Now they leave you the boring company bricks :)

• Funny x 1
  6. murphyS90D

murphyS90D Member

Support for Visible Tesla was discontinued a few years ago. The program doesn't know what a 100D is. Someone else made a change to it a couple of years ago and it knows about my 90D if I force it in the override screen.

7. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

My (sold) 2014 S60 without supercharging enabled showed up in Visible Tesla as a P85+. It also said "yes" next to "Supercharging".

8. SabrToothSqrl

Shame. It's a great app!
    The car doesn't have climate scheduling (like it should). That's what I used it for.

And don't tell me it has the learning thing for that, it don't work, and I don't want it to. I want to set the schedule. from the dash, or phone or web app.

9. Joelgjr

Joelgjr Member

Ah, okay. This makes sense. Thanks everyone