Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, I did not know about evMote. Looks like it has some good features. I signed up, just the basic to start with, but still no trips are shown. For either application, does it need to be a "trip" in the trip planner or does it show wherever the car went? I wonder if the MX is different somehow since neither app seems to work.
For both VisibleTesla and evMote, they both need to be running/active for trip logging. If VisibleTesla was not actively running on your computer during the Valet Trip, then there will be no data collected. Tesla does not provide a user accessible method for retrieving past trip data.

For both VisibleTesla and evMote, they both need to be running/active for trip logging. If VisibleTesla was not actively running on your computer during the Valet Trip, then there will be no data collected. Tesla does not provide a user accessible method for retrieving past trip data.

Oh. I did not know that. So... do you just leave it open on your desktop all the time? (Or minimized of course.)

So, I'm running the latest (I can find, anyway... 50.0.8 I believe) version of VT, and recently it' started complaining that it can't tell if my car is plugged in or not when I have it scheduled to check and my car is NOT plugged in.

It doesn't do this if the car IS plugged in, so I don't think it's a matter of not being able to talk to the car. I also can see the cable status graphic on the overview page accurately depict if the cable is plugged in or not.

It's previously worked with the power settings I have the car set to: displays sleep; always connected enabled. I'll disable sleep on the car to see if that makes a difference.

I've already rebooted the center console to no avail...

Anybody else?

I've rebooted the

Same here, actually, including the version number (0.50.08). It doesn't bother me much because I'm at least getting the email reminder and thinking about whether it's plugged in each night, but something definitely changed in the past few weeks. I dunno if it was one of my recent firmware updates (it actually feels like I've been getting more of those lately) or some change Tesla made to their servers.

For what it's worth, I just got 2.12.126 in the past day or so and still got the "can't determine" message tonight. And my car *is* plugged in.

I now also have that behavior. Installed the update yesterday, and last night got the "can't determine" message. I checked VT on my computer and it did not show a plugged in cable graphic. Refreshing the didn't help, nor did a re-start of VT.

Went out to the car, and checked and indeed cable was plgged on. Unlocked car with fob thus waking it up, and center console confirmed the car believed it was plugged in. Once I did all that, I came back in and VT correctly displayed the cable plugged-in graphic.

This leads me to believe there are some sleep algorithm changes. Oddly, both scheduled start and scheduled HVAC events in VT seem to work without issue. Just the cable-check.

My next step will be to disable sleep altogether and see what happens.

It doesn't work for me. Shows 0 trips. It shows the car name and charge status so I know it's connected but no trips. Maybe you could check with Ryan and see if the MX works the same as the MS.
Well, I could but why don't you do it yourself and ask any other questions at the same time? Just click the Contact tab and send him an email. I'd be surprised if it were different for the X.

Last edited:
I can never log on. Any help?

- - - Updated - - -

I can never log on despite using my valid Tesla log on credentials. Any help?

This keeps popping up.

There were major changes made by Tesla, requiring major changes to Visible Tesla.

You probably need the version of the software available in this post:

VisibleTesla - Page 174

This post explains the background: VisibleTesla - Page 154

I now also have that behavior. Installed the update yesterday, and last night got the "can't determine" message. I checked VT on my computer and it did not show a plugged in cable graphic. Refreshing the didn't help, nor did a re-start of VT.

Went out to the car, and checked and indeed cable was plgged on. Unlocked car with fob thus waking it up, and center console confirmed the car believed it was plugged in. Once I did all that, I came back in and VT correctly displayed the cable plugged-in graphic.

This leads me to believe there are some sleep algorithm changes. Oddly, both scheduled start and scheduled HVAC events in VT seem to work without issue. Just the cable-check.

My next step will be to disable sleep altogether and see what happens.

Disabling sleep did not help.

VT now reports that it can't determine if my car is plugged in regardless of if it is or isn't (whereas before I only got that when not plugged in) during a scheduled status event.

Given that the display graphic does accurately reflect the status of the cable, I don't believe the REST API response has changed.

Thus I suspect this is a communications/wake from sleep issue, but I'm at a bit of a loss to explain why that would be the case with sleep on the car disabled.

:confused:

I just loaded Windows 10 on my new MacBook Pro. I downloaded the 0.50.08 Visible Tesla software and installed it. When I double-click on the icon the program loads but the login screen is very small and located in the top left part of the application screen. After I log in, all of the screens in the other tabs also as so small that you cannot read all of the information.

I have Visible Tesla loaded on my Mac OS and I have also run it using Windows 7 and have never seen this issue. Is anyone else having this problem?

I just loaded Windows 10 on my new MacBook Pro. I downloaded the 0.50.08 Visible Tesla software and installed it. When I double-click on the icon the program loads but the login screen is very small and located in the top left part of the application screen. After I log in, all of the screens in the other tabs also as so small that you cannot read all of the information.

I have Visible Tesla loaded on my Mac OS and I have also run it using Windows 7 and have never seen this issue. Is anyone else having this problem?

No issue but I'm running the native VT app for Mac.

I think you'll find it is a screen resolution issue. In Windows set the screen resolution to say 1280 X 960 and I think you'll get a readable VT.

if so it's a case of how much you can edge up the resolution and still read the program!

First, I'd like to thank the author for VisibleTesla!

I've been using 0.50.08 for a few weeks now and noticed that, for about 2 or 3 days now, the "Location" functionality doesn't work properly anymore:

1. The red marker which shows the current location of the car is gone.

2. Live tracking doesn't work anymore. Even if you hit "Refresh", the map never adjusts to the actual location.

3. Clicking on "Browse", which opens up a browser tab with a static HTML page, still works however and will show the marker and the current location.

Would be awesome if this could get fixed.

Thank you!
Markus

I think you'll find it is a screen resolution issue. In Windows set the screen resolution to say 1280 X 960 and I think you'll get a readable VT.

if so it's a case of how much you can edge up the resolution and still read the program!

I changed the resolution to 1280x1024, 1280x800, and 1280x768, 1024x768 and it still puts the car and all text around it in the top left corner. Her is a screen shot of what I see on my screen http://prntscr.com/abdolb.

I am running Windows 10 in BootCamp on a MacBook Pro but Windows is running just like it would run on a PC Laptop.