Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you browse through @scaesare posts in this thread, there will be a link that's the good one.
I have to go to a meeting and can't find it now, but I downloaded it and the latest version works (somewhat) well in a PC.

I confess I didn't have the chance to look through in detail, but I am sure the app has good foundations to improve.

i didn't find any relevant post with download links...
if it doesn't mind, pls look for your file. Thank you!

It's very old and hasn't been supported in years. In addition the Tesla API has had significant changes. I don't know how useful this would be anymore. Take a look at Teslalog and TeslaFI. Cloud-based and supported but not free.

Is there any more recent alternative to VisibleTesla that runs on the desktop/web? Apps are nice, but I also like being able to do things from a computer. Googling hasn't brought up anything.

Is there any more recent alternative to VisibleTesla that runs on the desktop/web? Apps are nice, but I also like being able to do things from a computer. Googling hasn't brought up anything.
As far as I know, this VT is all that is out there. I have flirted with the idea of taking over maintenance, but I really don't have the time. Hopefully someone will step in before too long.

I just solved the screen scaling problem on Windows 10. The answer is in the "Edit [2]" section here:
How do I run Java apps upscaled on a high-DPI display?

To summarize the relevant bits:
1. Download and install resource tuner from here: restuner.com The trial version will do since you only have to do this once.
2. Use resource tuner on the javaw.exe that is used to launch VisibleTesla. Edit the dpiaware setting in the manifest, changing it from true to false. Save the file and restart VT. Voila.

ResTuner.JPG

I just solved the screen scaling problem on Windows 10. The answer is in the "Edit [2]" section here:
How do I run Java apps upscaled on a high-DPI display?

To summarize the relevant bits:
1. Download and install resource tuner from here: restuner.com The trial version will do since you only have to do this once.
2. Use resource tuner on the javaw.exe that is used to launch VisibleTesla. Edit the dpiaware setting in the manifest, changing it from true to false. Save the file and restart VT. Voila.

View attachment 250944

This worked perfectly! Thanks for posting.

Reactions: LoL Rick