TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

VisibleTesla

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jpasqua, Aug 8, 2013.

1. dpskipper

dpskipper Developer

T4W has had this for about a year.

It has two such features. Scheduled charging, and Delay charging.

Scheduled charging allows charging actions to be sent to the car in a sequential queue. Delay charging allows you to tell the car what percentage to charge to and when. Could be 2 hours or 2 weeks. The car charges for a few mins to calculator how long it will take, then the app just sits and waits. Accuracy of +/- 30 seconds even weeks later.

2. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

Oh awesome... Apologies I didn't see in the documentation screen shots... I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks!

3. 1051

1051 Member

Would like a Mac version.

4. dpskipper

dpskipper Developer

Not going to happen. Virtualize it if you really want.

5. scaesare

So I installed this latest version again and realized that it's the same scheduling need I had previously that is the issue:

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to set a recurring scheduling pattern.

My schedule is:

- Charge to 70% at night on weekdays (home charger)
    - After 8am I set charge to 90% (get as much charge as I can at work)
    - Charge to 90% at night on weekends (home charger, make sure I have enough range for unanticipated travel)

Unfortunately, unless I've missed something, Tesla for Windows only allows single-instance charge event tied to a specific date. There's no way to set a daily/weekly recurring pattern, which I suspect is a more common need for most people rather than having to set a continual series of one-shot events.

6. dpskipper

dpskipper Developer

That is correct. There is no persistent schedule with app reboots. I can implement it though.
    Over the course of its development I've had many feature requests but not many for scheduling charging. Send me an email and I'll add it to the list.

7. scaesare

Very cool... I appreciate taking the comment in the manner it was intended: constructive/request.

I'll send you a note... thanks @dpskipper

Incidentally, your "end charge by" feature is unique and cool.. I like it.

8. xAgyex

xAgyex Member

I'm excited about your app. Can I schedule charging from it and get text notifications?

9. dpskipper

dpskipper Developer

You can schedule some charging actions from it and be notified from the Windows Tray.