Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TIME_TO_FULL

I had posted a template for email notifications a few posts back that included this that you may find useful.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/19975-VisibleTesla/page194?p=1018802&viewfull=1#post1018802

Yeah I read that but I thought you guys were discussing a way of showing the estimated time of completed charging (time + TTF). I guess I misunderstood

Yes, my car sends me a note every night at 11pm if it isn't plugged in. You can also get emails on leaving geofenced areas, exceeding specific speeds, charge state changes, or SoC above/below thresholds...
I have this working now with one slight wrinkle - it says "Your car is not plugged in. Range = 224" That range must be in miles - I have my system setup to use metric and when I look at the charge tab everything is in metric. How do I change the email to show kms rather than miles?

I have this working now with one slight wrinkle - it says "Your car is not plugged in. Range = 224" That range must be in miles - I have my system setup to use metric and when I look at the charge tab everything is in metric. How do I change the email to show kms rather than miles?

Which version of VT are you using? I'll check the code.

A question from me... that perhaps is answered in one of the 196 pages in this thread(!), but I haven't seen it. In my case, I use a Macbook Pro. The laptop goes to sleep when not in use and the app then presumably goes dormant. When I wake up the laptop, there is a gap in the data starting when it went to sleep. From the FAQ page, I gather that VT simply polls for the latest data and that there is no polling done if your client goes to sleep. Logical enough. However, I set the notifier to email me when charging is done. I know from the time remaining that the charging would have been completed maybe an hour after I closed the lid on the laptop and went to bed. However, in the morning, I find an email saying it's finished charging with a time stamp of just before I wake up. Given that the laptop is asleep, I assumed the email would not be sent... but it was, and at a time that isn't doesn't make sense. Not sure why this would be?

I run a small Linux web server that I could use to run VT... presumably this would allow me to continually harvest data (something Tesla may or may not like...). Is there a way to use my Linux box as a server for the app or a web front end, so that I can review data whenever I want (not just data that was collected when the laptop was awake)?

A question from me... that perhaps is answered in one of the 196 pages in this thread(!), but I haven't seen it. In my case, I use a Macbook Pro. The laptop goes to sleep when not in use and the app then presumably goes dormant. When I wake up the laptop, there is a gap in the data starting when it went to sleep. From the FAQ page, I gather that VT simply polls for the latest data and that there is no polling done if your client goes to sleep. Logical enough. However, I set the notifier to email me when charging is done. I know from the time remaining that the charging would have been completed maybe an hour after I closed the lid on the laptop and went to bed. However, in the morning, I find an email saying it's finished charging with a time stamp of just before I wake up. Given that the laptop is asleep, I assumed the email would not be sent... but it was, and at a time that isn't doesn't make sense. Not sure why this would be?

I run a small Linux web server that I could use to run VT... presumably this would allow me to continually harvest data (something Tesla may or may not like...). Is there a way to use my Linux box as a server for the app or a web front end, so that I can review data whenever I want (not just data that was collected when the laptop was awake)?

I can't tell you how or why VT would be emailing you if your laptop is truly asleep (perhaps it's just the screen that is asleep) but when VT is getting information from the car could depend on when you have the car set to sleep, and how you have VT set to interact with a sleeping car. I'd suggest reading that portion of the VT manual. It sounds to me like VT may be sending you the notification the first time that it makes contact with your car after your car has come out of sleep mode.

Any way to use VT to monitor & send HVAC "auto-enable" thresholds at high & low range internal cabin temp readings? (i.e. if charger connected and internal temp > 100F, then enable HVAC @ 70F setting. or, if charger connected and internal temp < 50F, then enable HVAC @ 70F setting, etc...)

There is no way to do that with VT and unfortunately, Tesla does not reliably provide cabin/external temperature readings. They are present some times but not at others. From the docs on the HVAC Tab:
This tab also displays the current interior and exterior temperature readings when they are available. The vehicle does not always supply this information. If no temperature readings are available, the tab will display "..." in place of the reading. It is not known when the vehicle decides to provide temperature readings and for how long. It is the case that if you activate the HVAC system, the readings will be made available and will remain available for an indeterminate period after the HVAC system is turned off.

You could implement the logic you want pretty easily using teslams, but you'll still run into the problem of unreliable temperature reporting.

Hi,

I can't log in to VT on my Windows XP computer (VT V 0.28.01). I get the "Login failed - Please check your credentials" error.

I can log in fine on my Mac (VT V 0.50.07) and it all works fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

Answer: Install version 50 on the XP computer as well! I didn't realise that the installer file is the same for both OSs - I guess because the app actually runs under Java so is - to some extent - OS-independant... Links to V50 are here VisibleTesla - Page 186 . MW

Last edited:
Hi,

VisibleTesla won't login on one of my Mac computers.

Both are running the same version of Mac-OS.

When I type in the username / password I get the error
"Login failed - Please check your credentials"
"Remember to use your email as your username"

I deleted visibletesla from my mac and downloaded it again. I get the same error.

My Mac has all of the latest updates.

Any ideas?

Thanks