Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I can't log in to VT on my Windows XP computer (VT V 0.28.01). I get the "Login failed - Please check your credentials" error.

I can log in fine on my Mac (VT V 0.50.07) and it all works fine.

Anyone got any ideas? MW

I'm posting from my phone, so can't easily find you the link but look back a few messages for a post from breser that links to posts with the new version and the history. That will almost certainly explain your issue. The 28 version is using the old servers. Find that post, and I think you will be all set.

For those having trouble logging in...

Tesla is moving users to their new servers a little at a time. These servers are incompatible with VisibleTesla. There is a newer experimental version of VT you can try if you are willing to accept the caveats. You can read about the context here:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...eTesla/page154?p=848346&viewfull=1#post848346

And you can read about the new version here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...eTesla/page174?p=939004&viewfull=1#post939004

Please read about the potential negative side effects of using the new version before deciding to try it.

Joe

- - - Reply to philgrocks - - -

Hi,

VisibleTesla won't login on one of my Mac computers.

Both are running the same version of Mac-OS.

When I type in the username / password I get the error
"Login failed - Please check your credentials"
"Remember to use your email as your username"

I deleted visibletesla from my mac and downloaded it again. I get the same error.

My Mac has all of the latest updates.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you saying that the same version of VisibleTesla works on one mac but not another? Are they both on the same network? Is one behind a firewall?

Joe

Joe-

if one has 2 Model S, both under 1 TM login, does VT track data & issue alerts appropriate for each vehicle in parallel, or does it only handle 1 car at a time? Can one run 2 'instances' of the Java app?

Thx.

In theory you can have two instances running if they're pointed at different vehicles. I guarantee there are plenty of bugs in this since I don't have two cars to test with.

Joe

There is no way to do that with VT and unfortunately, Tesla does not reliably provide cabin/external temperature readings. They are present some times but not at others. From the docs on the HVAC Tab:
This tab also displays the current interior and exterior temperature readings when they are available. The vehicle does not always supply this information. If no temperature readings are available, the tab will display "..." in place of the reading. It is not known when the vehicle decides to provide temperature readings and for how long. It is the case that if you activate the HVAC system, the readings will be made available and will remain available for an indeterminate period after the HVAC system is turned off.

You could implement the logic you want pretty easily using teslams, but you'll still run into the problem of unreliable temperature reporting.

Seems like you could implement a cheesy "polling" function by simply toggling the HVAC on and then immediately back off if you detect no temps returned. If you only do this every 30 mins or so, it shouldn't affect range much. In fact, adding a SOC threshold would be useful here too.

Seems like you could implement a cheesy "polling" function by simply toggling the HVAC on and then immediately back off if you detect no temps returned. If you only do this every 30 mins or so, it shouldn't affect range much. In fact, adding a SOC threshold would be useful here too.

I build these cheesy functions visually using the teslams plug-in for Node-Red.
Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 9.52.23 PM.png

In the last few days, I've noticed VT no longer seems to be collecting speed data. The last time it collected speed was on the evening of 6/16. Exporting the data, it looks like L_LAT and L_LNG are being collected accurately, as is L_ODO. But L_SPD is persistently zero. The application is logged in and shows the car's state, location, and so on correctly. I've tried restarting it too, just for fun.

This is with VT 0.50.07 on Mac OS 10.10.3. Actually, now that I think of it I did download this version pretty recently; I wonder if the current version has ever reported L_SPD correctly for me. I may try rolling back.

[edit]

Yes, I looked through my backup and the problem appeared when I switched from 0.50.06 to 0.50.07. I've rolled back and will update when I've had a chance to see how .06 performs.

[edit #2]

Well, .06 logged speed for one drive. It missed my evening drive to a parking garage where I parked for a couple hours, though. It logged voltage/current/range/SoC when I was charging at the garage. I'm pretty sure I came home afterwards though :) and it logged no speed for that one. The spacing of samples for the post-charge interval when I drove home indicates that there was no streaming going on, just polling every 32 (??) minutes or so. So, probably my drive home, which was short, just fell in between polls. Next few drives, I'm going to log manually so I can correlate with what VT logs.

It's not clear to me at this point whether the failing is in VT, the way I have it running on my Mac, my car, or Tesla's servers. Anyone?

Last edited:
It appears the .06 vs. .07 thing was a red herring. Two short drives missed by .06 this morning (fell in between two samples). Curiously, the samples spaced from 32 minutes out to about double that during those two drives, neatly bracketing the first and second trip.

I guess I should RTFM for VT more carefully, because this sure feels like something that ought to be covered by a FAQ.

Joe-

if one has 2 Model S, both under 1 TM login, does VT track data & issue alerts appropriate for each vehicle in parallel, or does it only handle 1 car at a time? Can one run 2 'instances' of the Java app?

Thx.

You need two instances. I have two on my account (mine and wife's). Seems to work fine, but need two instances.

Looks like sometime this week I was moved over to the new server. Good old 0.28.01 will no longer log in (it looks like it crashed a couple days ago and I just noticed this morning when I restarted the app…)

Will give 0.50.07 a try...

Edit:
On 28.01, I was having a problem running reports. Still having the issue on .50.07. Anyone else on OS X Yosemite having issues running reports? Thoughts on how to fix? (i.e. File menu, Export, select any of the options and nothing happens -- no menu to select date ranges, etc). I believe this problem started happening in Yosemite… Was fine on Mavericks...

Last edited:
I've used the Windows version (0.28.01) successfully for several month now, but since Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, I can no longer log-in. I get a message "Log-in failed - Please check your credentials. Remember to use your email as your username." I have deleted and reinstalled Visible Tesla, but get the same error message. I verified my credentials (email address and password) on TeslaMotors.com and with the Tesla iPhone app. My credentials work fine there. I am NOT tech savvy, please HELP - I rely on Visible Tesla very heavily.

I've used the Windows version (0.28.01) successfully for several month now, but since Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, I can no longer log-in. I get a message "Log-in failed - Please check your credentials. Remember to use your email as your username." I have deleted and reinstalled Visible Tesla, but get the same error message. I verified my credentials (email address and password) on TeslaMotors.com and with the Tesla iPhone app. My credentials work fine there. I am NOT tech savvy, please HELP - I rely on Visible Tesla very heavily.

Upgrade to 0.50.7