Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having difficulties?

I tried logging into VT tonight and noticed that I was being asked for my login information.
I have tried numerous times, but am still unable to login.
I can access the car via the Mobile app as well as the 3rd party Remote S app.
Could there be a problem with VT? (I'm using V. .29)
Thanks,
Scott

Hi,

My VT .28 stopped working a few months ago, but my other Windows-based unauthorized apps still worked. I tried VT v50 and it works. Not sure how some of my old Windows apps work if only the new VT works. As long as it works.......

-m

When an app such as VT first logs in it gets a "cookie" from the Tesla servers - it can use this cookie to authenticate until it expires (which can take several months) then it needs to log in again.
Your other apps may still be using old cookies that haven't expired yet, or they may already be using the new API

I tried logging into VT tonight and noticed that I was being asked for my login information.
I have tried numerous times, but am still unable to login.
I can access the car via the Mobile app as well as the 3rd party Remote S app.
Could there be a problem with VT? (I'm using V. .29)
Thanks,
Scott

You need to update to VT 0.50, see this post for details

Last edited:
I really am disappointed in Tesla undermining this application. It is incredibly useful.

Well, to be fair, it appears part of Tesla's move to new server infrastructure was to implement a more standardized/accepted authorization mechanism (OAuth), which is a good thing. By it's very nature, deprecating an existing security mechanism is going to orphan existing apps.

The throttling/threshold controls they implement are probably reasonable, and are across the board, not just aimed at VT.

That having been said, a pro-active app partnership program from Tesla would be nice.

Since 2 weeks now, I can't log in using v0.28.01 which has been working like a charm until now (along with all earlier versions).
I installed v0.50.08 and can log into it but all tabs are greyed out and all I can do is a honk or a flash from the option menu...
Has anyone experienced this?
Help!

My v0.28.01 stopped working last night on my Mac, and I've downloaded and am running v0.50.08 now. It seems just fine, except that it's got the wheel colors wrong. I checked the VT details page, and it's reporting the wrong wheel color. Every other record in the details list appears to be correct. The official iPhone app gets the wheel color right, as did VT v0.28.01, so I suspect that the data coming from the mothership is correct. I've scanned this forum but can't find anything related. Is this a known bug with VT interpreting the response from the mothership?

I know I can override the wheel color in VT, but wanted to figure out if there is something else wrong.

Last edited:
I concur with SteveS0353 that wheel options are not being decoded correctly. I have 19" cyclones which are being reported/displayed as 19" silver (the default wheel) in VT 0.50.08 but correctly displayed in the official iPhone app. Very minor concern, but since the topic came up, wanted to add another data point.

Thank you for developing and sharing VisibleTesla. I am finding it very useful in getting insight into driving an incredible car. I love having access to data at this level of detail.

I concur with SteveS0353 that wheel options are not being decoded correctly. I have 19" cyclones which are being reported/displayed as 19" silver (the default wheel) in VT 0.50.08 but correctly displayed in the official iPhone app. Very minor concern, but since the topic came up, wanted to add another data point.

Thank you for developing and sharing VisibleTesla. I am finding it very useful in getting insight into driving an incredible car. I love having access to data at this level of detail.

Can you post or privately message me or jpasqua your low level info. When on the Overview tab click details, at the bottom is the low level information line. You can exclude the vin. Don't bother with the UUID or the other stuff above it.

Where does VT store preferences and other files on the local hard drive for a Windows 7 install?

You can get VisibleTesla to show you where it's storing data. Go to the Prefs Tab and then the Advanced Tab, under Other there will be a button "Show App Files" that should pop up an Windows Explorer window at the location the data files are stored.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I think I see the problem with the wheels. This is a little different than what I replied to both of you last night privately. But having slept on the issue I think I've figured out the WTX0 and WTX1 option codes. VisibleTesla interprets WTX1 as having base 19" wheels and doesn't interpret WTX0 as anything. Rather I think that WTX0 means you have 21" wheels (but not the style of 21" wheels) and WTX1 means you have 19" wheels (but again not the style).

This theory is consistent with the two people that sent me data and what they said their car actually has as well as my own car. But I probably need some data on some older cars to make sure we don't break their wheel display with the fix since it's possible in the past that WTX1 was given alone. Unless I'm mistaken I think the Cyclone wheels were added later.

Not sure why, but I'm unable to log in to VT today. I've not used it in maybe a week.

Just in case I removed and reinstalled (mac user).

My credentials are correct; but the error I'm getting is Login Failed - check credentials. I've confirmed them by logging into MyTesla on the teslamotors.com site.

Anyone else having issues today?

Not sure why, but I'm unable to log in to VT today. I've not used it in maybe a week.

My credentials are correct; but the error I'm getting is Login Failed - check credentials. I've confirmed them by logging into MyTesla on the teslamotors.com site.

You probably need to update to the newer experimental version. See the linked posts in the quoted post below for details.

There were major changes made by Tesla, requiring major changes to Visible Tesla.

You need the version of the software available in this post:

VisibleTesla - Page 174

Edit: This post explains the background: VisibleTesla - Page 154

i havent been able to get this to work in months, ill try it every once in a while but still wont work, same error you have (on a mac too). im running 0.50.08.

I searched this forum and this thread, and can't find any recent posts about
"# range charges" but since the official documentation for VisibleTesla hasn't changed, I'll assume that I didn't miss any posts. Last week I took a trip and did several range charges. Since then I've done a number of standard charges. VisibleTesla shows 2 for "# range charges" and that seems reasonable for the number of times I didn't disconnect until it was at 100% (although the app still said I had a few minutes left.) I'm at 4.2.253 but was at a lower release for the trip. Prior to this trip, I would have said that "consecutive range charges" would have been a better title for that field, but I'm not quite sure what I'm seeing now. Does anybody else know? It's conceivable that 2 is the lifetime number since I may have unplugged before 100% now or before. Or it could be the number since a particular update.

I searched this forum and this thread, and can't find any recent posts about
"# range charges" but since the official documentation for VisibleTesla hasn't changed, I'll assume that I didn't miss any posts. Last week I took a trip and did several range charges. Since then I've done a number of standard charges. VisibleTesla shows 2 for "# range charges" and that seems reasonable for the number of times I didn't disconnect until it was at 100% (although the app still said I had a few minutes left.) I'm at 4.2.253 but was at a lower release for the trip. Prior to this trip, I would have said that "consecutive range charges" would have been a better title for that field, but I'm not quite sure what I'm seeing now. Does anybody else know? It's conceivable that 2 is the lifetime number since I may have unplugged before 100% now or before. Or it could be the number since a particular update.

I believe the "# of range charges" field represents the immediate past number of consecutive charge sessions where the SoC ended above 90%. The count resets to zero on the very first instance of a charge session which ends at 90% SoC or less. A charge session does not have to get to 100% to count as a range charge -- anything above 90% will increment the count.