Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that's a reference to the possible throttling that Tesla could implement. If they were to do that, based on your VT usage, your use of their app would also be affected. I don't believe this has been an issue for anyone in quite some time. Just be reasonable with how you set up VT, and don't have it report back every second or something. :)

Yeah I've been running VT for over a year now and have never been throttled by Tesla. I do have it set to allow the car to "sleep" at night, which means VT only polls the API every 30 minutes or so. When the car is idle but not sleeping, the polling interval is around 4 minutes. Neither of these are editable from the user interface (you'd have to change the code and recompile).

Also, you can't set the polling interval to less than 5 seconds when the car is driving, but Tesla is collecting that data anyway so it's not like you're adding excess strain on their servers:

Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 3.23.51 PM.png

This software looks interesting but my model S is not detected properly? It stats a 70D when it is actually a 90D, and the pano has also not been detected.

Is this a known issue? Running v 0.50.08

You can change some of the settings that are read incorrectly from the car under preferences / overrides. It looks like there may not yet be an option for a 90D. You can definitely set the pano roof, though.

Allen, one suggestion for the next release.

The new Homelink open is great, but in my case I have two garage doors defined in my MS. There does not appear to be an option within Remote S or its iOS Settings as to which door should be opened or closed. I press Homelink on the Remote S screen, and the same door opens and closes each time, but it's not the first one as defined to my MS (which I thought maybe would happen),,nor is it the last one my MS actually opened or closed itself. IIRC MS allows up to 3 doors to be defined with Homelink at any one time, so we really need a way to specify which one Remote S will control to make it useful. Thx for the consideration.

Wrong thread, Bert.

Allen supports RemoteS. Joe wrote VT, though I'm not sure he's been doing much work on it lately.

Battery voltage?

The Charge page shows lots of charging data but does not seem to show the battery voltage. When Supercharging it shows battery voltage inside the car. It would be useful if it was shown on the VisibleTesla Charge screen when charging.
When charging, I'd like to monitor input voltage * current = power and batter voltage * current to get an estimate of the charging overhead of the system (inverter losses, coolant pumps, etc.).
For instance, right now I show 40 amps at 239 volts = 9560 watts going into the car and a battery current of 25.1 but no battery voltage. The state of charge is 33% and Charge Rate is 29.8mph. Could either of these be used to derive the power going into the battery?
Is the battery voltage available in the API?

The Charge page shows lots of charging data but does not seem to show the battery voltage. When Supercharging it shows battery voltage inside the car. It would be useful if it was shown on the VisibleTesla Charge screen when charging.
When charging, I'd like to monitor input voltage * current = power and batter voltage * current to get an estimate of the charging overhead of the system (inverter losses, coolant pumps, etc.).
For instance, right now I show 40 amps at 239 volts = 9560 watts going into the car and a battery current of 25.1 but no battery voltage. The state of charge is 33% and Charge Rate is 29.8mph. Could either of these be used to derive the power going into the battery?
Is the battery voltage available in the API?
Surely the voltage is the same: the current going into the battery times the supply voltage is the power going in.

The inverter steps up line voltage to battery voltage to charge the battery. This increases as the battery takes on charge.

Actually, it's the charger that does that. It rectifies the AC to DC, and also ramps voltage (and thus current) as need be.

The inverter is part of the drive unit, and it.. well... "inverts" DC back to 3-phase AC for the motor.

(Note that the original Roadster, I believe, used some of the AC Propulsion technology that actually did user the inverter as part of the charging system, but they moved away from that for subsequent revisions of the Roadster, and that has never been the case for the Model S)

Actually, it's the charger that does that. It rectifies the AC to DC, and also ramps voltage (and thus current) as need be.

The inverter is part of the drive unit, and it.. well... "inverts" DC back to 3-phase AC for the motor.

(Note that the original Roadster, I believe, used some of the AC Propulsion technology that actually did user the inverter as part of the charging system, but they moved away from that for subsequent revisions of the Roadster, and that has never been the case for the Model S)
I was thinking about a supercharger which of course provides DC at 400 V.

@scaesare is right: the inverter turns DC to and from 3-phase AC for the motor or recaptures for regen.

The charger produces 400V DC for the battery, and as energy is conserved scales down current in proportion to scaling up voltage. I do not think the API provides data both sides of the charger to allow us to calculate the charger efficiency however.

i expect it's in the service menu if anyone has cracked the code!

So, I'm running the latest (I can find, anyway... 50.0.8 I believe) version of VT, and recently it' started complaining that it can't tell if my car is plugged in or not when I have it scheduled to check and my car is NOT plugged in.

It doesn't do this if the car IS plugged in, so I don't think it's a matter of not being able to talk to the car. I also can see the cable status graphic on the overview page accurately depict if the cable is plugged in or not.

It's previously worked with the power settings I have the car set to: displays sleep; always connected enabled. I'll disable sleep on the car to see if that makes a difference.

I've already rebooted the center console to no avail...

Anybody else?

I've rebooted the

I am trying this app out for the first time and keep getting a "wrong username/password" error when logging in. Anyone else running into this problem? I am using the mac client.

This keeps popping up.

There were major changes made by Tesla, requiring major changes to Visible Tesla.

You probably need the version of the software available in this post:

VisibleTesla - Page 174

This post explains the background: VisibleTesla - Page 154

VT does not show me any trips; can anyone help? I'm on 0.50.08

I expect this has been asked before but I can't find useful reference (I think the search facility in these forums is pretty poor).

Same question. I can't see any trips. I ran into an issue with a tesla valet driver today. He got a ticket for no front license plate after picking up my car for service. I can't believe that would ever happen on the highway. Pretty sure he sidetracked into town and spent some time there for no known reason. I would like to see the trips for that day. Any way to get or recover that data?

Same question. I can't see any trips. I ran into an issue with a tesla valet driver today. He got a ticket for no front license plate after picking up my car for service. I can't believe that would ever happen on the highway. Pretty sure he sidetracked into town and spent some time there for no known reason. I would like to see the trips for that day. Any way to get or recover that data?
The evmote web application (Home - evMote - Get the most out of your Tesla) lets you see the date, time and route of trips and do some of the things that the app does. You should be able to see where the valet went.

The evmote web application (Home - evMote - Get the most out of your Tesla) lets you see the date, time and route of trips and do some of the things that the app does. You should be able to see where the valet went.

Thanks, I did not know about evMote. Looks like it has some good features. I signed up, just the basic to start with, but still no trips are shown. For either application, does it need to be a "trip" in the trip planner or does it show wherever the car went? I wonder if the MX is different somehow since neither app seems to work.

Tesla service manager said he was going to try to get the info so I may have the answer to this incident but I would like to find something that works long term.

Thanks, I did not know about evMote. Looks like it has some good features. I signed up, just the basic to start with, but still no trips are shown. For either application, does it need to be a "trip" in the trip planner or does it show wherever the car went? I wonder if the MX is different somehow since neither app seems to work.

Tesla service manager said he was going to try to get the info so I may have the answer to this incident but I would like to find something that works long term.
Yes, I didn't get any immediately - perhaps it takes a while to find your car. Try clicking Trips again once you're in the Trips page. I find the map is not easy to read but Ryan, the developer, is going to think about themes (and 24-hour clock.) By the way, evmote does not have to be running the whole time - it collects info when you ask it to.