Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent... I appreciate the willingness to take the mantle with this great little app.

Anything I can do to help I'm happy to do. I currently experience some anomalous behavior with detecting status when the cable is plugged in. This used to work correctly, but broke a few months back.

Thanks again. Please let me know how I can help.

It's not, and AFAIK it's not possible with any of the alternatives either. There's no API for fetching historical data and I don't know that there's any reason to believe it gets stored anywhere at all, including by Tesla. I for one would prefer it not be without my explicit consent, for obvious (?) privacy-related reasons.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, while one side of my brain is eager to grab any data possible, the other agrees with you that I don't want my data "out there" for unknown characters to peruse.

I've been getting my hands dirty with the VisibleTesla source. So far I've been able to make the following changes:
- Support multiple panoramic roof codes, looks like there are 3 different pano generations
- Support 90 models and 70 non-D (untested)
- Verify there's a bug somewhere in the Location code or the use of the google map API. The current location is displayed correctly, however the marker overlay and dials aren't rendering. Working on a fix.

Also does anyone have any documentation on the various feature codes? There are quite a few that the app has incorrect for my 85D.

Feature codes are an arcane subject with no formal documentation. I vaguely recall discussion a year or more back that it ties back to feature codes that are used in the design studio on the Tesla web site. Over a year ago, I think the codes even got embedded in the URL, and could be copied and taken to another web site, which I can no longer find, to be interpreted. A subsequent design has moved the codes out of the URL.

That said, I poked around the javascript on the Model S design studio page. Found a reference to a configuration json file. While not very clearly documented, it provides some hints that could be reverse engineered. Here is the link to the json file:
https://www.teslamotors.com/sites/all/modules/custom/tesla_configurator/js/config/config_web.json

This appears to be universal in that it includes the X as well as the S. The option codes grouped into categories are towards the end of the file. Interestingly, it appears to include older versions of the site. Multiple versions of the site configuration makes sense since previously specified orders need to still be viewable unchanged when the site is updated. Just surprised at how many old versions appear to be retained.

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
Hi,

I'm on .50.08 on Windows 10... when pulling up the Location map, it knows where the car is but the red arrow representing the car is not there, or are the Google Maps controls (zooming tool, etc). Any idea why that might be? I haven't looked on the location map in quite a while.. (I did also try it on two Windows 10 PC's with same results).

Thanks....

-m

Attachments

• vt-map.jpg
    vt-map.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 57
I've seen this as well. I have looked at the source and it looks correct. I can load the html and javascript directly into chrome and it displays correctly there, so there must be an issue with the web engine used by the app. Has this ever worked ? I've just had my S for a couple months and so don't know the history of this app.

I have the code building and have started to make some updates. One issue is the pano roof not showing for my 85D. That's now fixed. I'd like to add in support for the 90 models. If anyone wants to send PNGs with the various 90 models emblems, that would be great. Height of the PNG should be ~23 pixels and it should be on a white background.

Also does anyone have any documentation on the various feature codes? There are quite a few that the app has incorrect for my 85D.
I am trying to build the code because I am hoping to implement a few new features as well. I am a long-time (20+ year) C++ developer but have limited experience with Java. I have the source tree and 3rd party tools set up per the readme file. I have ant installed and working (windows host). However, during the compile many classes are not being found. I have been poking around with build.xml but before digging too deep I am hoping for some suggestions.

Right now, I am building with the command line ("ant compile"). However, it appears that the project may have been created with an IDE (eclipse???). If so, I will go ahead and setup eclipse but I would like to confirm first.

Thanks