Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it safe for me to assume that most of you are using this application without any issues from Tesla. I was concerned when the warning stated I may lose functionality of the Tesla app itself. Is this a concern or should I just run it? We're all good here? Thanks for any input.
I am using VisibleTesla 0.50.08 on my Linux computer without any issues. However, I am not sure if there security issues using Java 7.

I have been running both VisibleTesla and using the Tesla App for almost 4 months now with no issues.

1. I use Visible Tesla on my windows PC, and leave it on when I am in the office and home working. It sends me period text messages to my phone of charge states.

2. I use the Tesla app mostly when I am on the road on trips since I can't just pull out my laptop at a station. The Tesla app is great when away from my PC.

With just a little effort, you can open and control VisibleTesla on your phone by connecting to your computer.
Here is Visible Tesla on my Android phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot of VisibleTesla on Android phone.png
    Screenshot of VisibleTesla on Android phone.png
    296.7 KB · Views: 187
Because leaving teamviewer open on your computer is not a good idea. Multiple posts about this.
It is safer to only start this application when you need it shut it down when done using it.
So, I did a little more than leaving teamviewer running on my computer.
I don't understand why you would have made that assumption.

Anyone going to take a stab at fixing VisibleTesla Mac version for running in latest macOS? (Mojave 10.14)
good thing I saw your post, I had not yet updated my iMac on which I normally run VT, but was thinking of doing so today.
So instead I quickly tried to lauch VT on my Macbook Pro which is already on Mojave and I see that VT just crashes upon launch :(

good thing I saw your post, I had not yet updated my iMac on which I normally run VT, but was thinking of doing so today.
So instead I quickly tried to lauch VT on my Macbook Pro which is already on Mojave and I see that VT just crashes upon launch :(
Yeah, it's a little worse than that: it actually crashes the JVM!

I might try rebuilding it with a newer JDK, but if that doesn't work - I'm no Java programmer. Bummer; I know things like TeslaFi are more capable now, but I do prefer running something local on my own hardware behind my own controls. I'm a dinosaur...

Can someone put this in the cloud so we can bring it up on the vehicle browser?? seems like something people would pay for
That would be great to see, but....

This project hasn't been maintained for several years. The original author has requested someone take over maintenance for it, but so far nobody has stepped up. I looked at the code base a while back and, while i was able to make some minor modifications, it appears that, in its current state, it will be difficult to maintain. I am not knocking the original developer; my guess is that this started as a personal pet project with features added in over time, using whatever technologies were current at the moment. As a result the code base isn't terribly well structured and not particularly modular, making it difficult to adopt to other platforms.

Currently I run VT on a cloud-based vm which i can access from anywhere. If I could find a site that would allow me to RDP into a vm, (which would run within the Tesla browser), there might be a way to hack this together. But i remain doubtful.

That would be great to see, but....

This project hasn't been maintained for several years. The original author has requested someone take over maintenance for it, but so far nobody has stepped up. I looked at the code base a while back and, while i was able to make some minor modifications, it appears that, in its current state, it will be difficult to maintain. I am not knocking the original developer; my guess is that this started as a personal pet project with features added in over time, using whatever technologies were current at the moment. As a result the code base isn't terribly well structured and not particularly modular, making it difficult to adopt to other platforms.

Currently I run VT on a cloud-based vm which i can access from anywhere. If I could find a site that would allow me to RDP into a vm, (which would run within the Tesla browser), there might be a way to hack this together. But i remain doubtful.

RDP from the browser seems like a lost cause

I'm not a fan of self promoting, but if all the links are dead wanna try something new?

teslaforwindows.com
I'd love to jump to something supported like your app... it looks very well put together.

The thing currently holding me back is the need for scheduled charging/setting functionality. If you ever consider adding this, I'd certainly donate to help support your ongoing effort...

I'd love to jump to something supported like your app... it looks very well put together.

The thing currently holding me back is the need for scheduled charging/setting functionality. If you ever consider adding this, I'd certainly donate to help support your ongoing effort...
T4W has had this for about a year.

It has two such features. Scheduled charging, and Delay charging.

Scheduled charging allows charging actions to be sent to the car in a sequential queue. Delay charging allows you to tell the car what percentage to charge to and when. Could be 2 hours or 2 weeks. The car charges for a few mins to calculator how long it will take, then the app just sits and waits. Accuracy of +/- 30 seconds even weeks later.