Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The mobile apps are working for me, but only in the old "polling" mode (non-streaming). I get updates on location and speed every 10 seconds or so, both iOS and Android, not the per-second updates I used to get.

Location for mine is working again too! I did notice that there are no Trips shown for the time the Location was not working but that's not unexpected. Graphs are not functioning now but they went off a while back. Not a biggie as those weren't used much. I'll have to wait until the commute to see about the streaming/updating but happy with the location.

Thanks so much to everyone involved in creating and supporting this amazing product!

Hmm, still flaky at times, VT stopped tracking wife driving car around for a while, but iOS was working, now VT is tracking again but iOS app is in polling vs streaming mode it seems.

Agreed. Actually no trips were recorded today, so I think it's down still or intermittent at least.

Here is what I see now in console logs:

Apr 17, 2014 5:37:38 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection
WARNING: Snapshot GET failed: java.io.IOException: Error while reading from GET: [401] provide valid authentication

Jordan

Here is what I noticed is broken:

"Overview" tab: Odometer no longer gets updates, mine is stuck at 400-500 miles lower than actual.
"Location" tab: no location updates any longer, just shows the satellite and "Locating your Tesla..."
"Trips" tab: no longer getting any data for the last 2 days

I have also updated to VT 0.26.01 as well, Firmware Version: 1.51.94 (5.9)

here is some of my recent log:

WARNING: Snapshot GET failed: java.io.IOException: Error while reading from GET: [401] provide valid authentication

Apr 17, 2014 8:46:48 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection

Apr 17, 2014 8:46:49 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection
WARNING: Tried 5 times to establish a Snapshot stream - giving up
Apr 17, 2014 8:47:05 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection

Apr 17, 2014 8:47:05 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection

Apr 17, 2014 8:47:06 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection

Apr 17, 2014 8:47:06 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection

Apr 17, 2014 8:47:07 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection

Apr 17, 2014 8:47:08 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection
WARNING: Tried 5 times to establish a Snapshot stream - giving up
Apr 17, 2014 8:47:08 PM org.noroomattheinn.visibletesla.StatsStreamer$AutoCollect publishStats
WARNING: Snapshot refresh failed!
Apr 17, 2014 8:47:08 PM org.noroomattheinn.visibletesla.StatsStreamer$AutoCollect run
INFO: App Awake, interval = 120

Hi All,

Just a quick update. It seems to be pretty clear now that Tesla changed something on their end that is disabling certain functions in VisibleTesla, teslams, and even their own apps.

In VisibleTesla this impacts more than just the ability to locate your car. As some of you have noticed, things like the speed, power, and odometer readings all use the impacted mechanism.

Tesla's server seem very flaky at the moment. Sometimes I can actually see good data coming through again and other times I can't even log on. Hopefully they are working to get this all sorted out.

It's *possible* that they are upgrading their servers in advance of a new software release on their end. This is sheer and utter speculation on my part.

One good thing that has come out of this is that it forced me to find some issues with the proxy support in VisibleTesla. I installed some proxy software to help me monitor the flow of information between my iPhone and Tesla's servers. In the process I tested VisibleTesla's proxy capability and fixed an issue that was preventing it from working properly.

I'll keep you posted if I learn anything more.

Agreed. Actually no trips were recorded today, so I think it's down still or intermittent at least.

Here is what I see now in console logs:

Apr 17, 2014 5:37:38 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection

Here is what I noticed is broken:

"Overview" tab: Odometer no longer gets updates, mine is stuck at 400-500 miles lower than actual.
"Location" tab: no location updates any longer, just shows the satellite and "Locating your Tesla..."
"Trips" tab: no longer getting any data for the last 2 days

I have also updated to VT 0.26.01 as well, Firmware Version: 1.51.94 (5.9)

here is some of my recent log:

Apr 17, 2014 8:46:48 PM org.noroomattheinn.tesla.SnapshotState establishStreamingConnection

I'm able to log in and check my vehicle location manually again, but am getting the same errors in the logs as you guys. No trips were stored recently.

I'm able to log in and check my vehicle location manually again, but am getting the same errors in the logs as you guys. No trips were stored recently.

Things are starting to work better for me, but one of the changes that Tesla made to its servers requires a change to VisibleTesla. I'll release 0.26.02 tomorrow after I've had a chance to test a few more things.

Joe