Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vision-only cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Manually initiating AutoLane change while on autopilot should be STANDARD since it really is stupid to have to re-engage autopilot after changing lanes
I think it will be made standard once FSD is released. Right now Auto lane change is one of the few useful things FSD purchasers get that differentiates from vanilla autopilot. If it was made standard now, all the FSD'ers would pitch a fit - "Wth did I fork out for FSD package if you're giving away the main feature!" etc. Once FSD is actually released, they(we) wouldn't care so much I think. My own personal prediction here.

I think it will be made standard once FSD is released. Right now Auto lane change is one of the few useful things FSD purchasers get that differentiates from vanilla autopilot. If it was made standard now, all the FSD'ers would pitch a fit - "Wth did I fork out for FSD package if you're giving away the main feature!" etc. Once FSD is actually released, they(we) wouldn't care so much I think. My own personal prediction here.
Auto Lane Change should just be part of the regular Autopilot for sure. However, I'd say "Navigate on Auto-Pilot" / "Navigate (Beta-Test) on City Streets" is the main feature here ;-)

Auto Lane Change should just be part of the regular Autopilot for sure. However, I'd say "Navigate on Auto-Pilot" / "Navigate (Beta-Test) on City Streets" is the main feature here ;-)
NoAP makes too many annoying decisions for me (and I'd think many others) to stand using and NoCS isn't available to me yet. So its just Auto-Lane change and stop light/sign feature that I use really

If NoAP/CS were true L4/5 and I didn't have to pay attention, I probably wouldn't mind its annoying lane choices and such - one day :) hopefully...

Last edited:
Reactions: JackLuminous
I really hope the .32 update makes some meaningful improvements to the performance of Vision vehicles. I'm on .4 and it is absolutely horrific on two-lane highways/two-lane high speed roads. Phantom braking, AP freak-out disengagements when simply approaching a vehicle, forward collision warnings while approaching curves... just really, really bad. Also, as always has been the case, the auto wipers are overly aggressive.

I really hope the .32 update makes some meaningful improvements to the performance of Vision vehicles. I'm on .4 and it is absolutely horrific on two-lane highways/two-lane high speed roads. Phantom braking, AP freak-out disengagements when simply approaching a vehicle, forward collision warnings while approaching curves... just really, really bad. Also, as always has been the case, the auto wipers are overly aggressive.
3 drops of rain on the windshield and the car is trying to launch the wiper blades into orbit..

I am hopeful that we get moved up soon too.. maybe they are trying to consolidate all the vision cars on 2021.4.21.3 and then move to the current release.

3 drops of rain on the windshield and the car is trying to launch the wiper blades into orbit..

I am hopeful that we get moved up soon too.. maybe they are trying to consolidate all the vision cars on 2021.4.21.3 and then move to the current release.
I am on factory software since delivery 2021.3.104 and my wiper blades run perfect when decent amount of rain they start.

Reactions: ss71
I don't remember what version mine came with, but since I've had it, there have been only two updates. The first was within a few days of delivery (Late June) and the next was 2021.4.21.3 about a month or so later. Really hoping we receive an update soon.