Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vision-only cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple things: The 2 following distance is nice and a welcome change. Auto steer still limited to 80 mph is not ideal, 85 mph would be so much better. Disappointing I didnt get the new full self driving visualization preview. I would like to see the new colors and new look. Not sure why not as it was one of the features of the new update I thought even if you don’t have FSD.

Couple things: The 2 following distance is nice. Disappointing I didnt get the expanded full self driving visualization preview. I would like to see the new colors and new look. Not sure why has it was one of the features of the new update I thought even if you don’t have FSD.
The visualization upgrade is supposed to be coming but nobody ever said it was here now.

Reactions: oliphant428
So, a mobile tech was here today to install my Homelink. I asked him to push the latest software for mine, which is currently running 2021.11.103. Using his laptop, and my wifi, he linked my car to the mothership and said, "2021.21.12" is the latest for your car, and it's running that (from what he sees on the laptop.). So, we look at the software screen and it says, 2021.11.103, the factory load. He then proceeds to push 2021.21.12 (what he called, "the full package") to the car and low and behold, the car sees the 2021.21.12 push and starts downloading.... Everything installed, but the download and installed file were still labeled 2021.11.103. The tech concluded the factory .103 load is actually 2021.21.12, masked by the factory load cover. This should all sync up once the car is scheduled for it's next update. Thought I would share what happened, and what I observed standing next to the tech as he did what he said he was doing. So, there you have it, brothers and sisters!
thank you for that background @jebinc
Those factory builds have a fearsome responsibility that many folks miss. Those are the builds that get to wake up all the individual components and synchronize them, staggering when you consider quite how much they do. Thats usually why they have such a high build number after the week #.
I remember reading the notes from an ex-employee about the process to wake a car up for the very first time while its on the production line. The process of syncing the network of a myriad devices that make up a Tesla, amazing stuff.
I'm betting its also part of the reason why it takes a while to finally move off that build and onto regular updates. So much has changed this year, component shortages, new models etc.
We have rarely seen this many versions all running concurrently, its a staggering software development milestone for Tesla. It may not have been fast enough for some, but I find it incredible they have achieved so much in such a short space of time.

Going to 32.21 tonight from 3.104
July build fwiw
A7FA73AB-DD54-40A5-A4D1-03CDFC1CAD7A.jpeg

Morning commute update: Even on setting 2 on AP, my vision M3 is still very slow to react to the cars ahead accelerating and leaves a huge gap. Tesla really needs to figure this out as it's not great software currently. Limiting AP to 80 mph is also ridiculous when you can still set the auto cruise control to 90 mph. I know Elon said 3x or 10x or whatever capability of a human, but this is like 0.25x a human rn. Frustrating

Couple things: The 2 following distance is nice and a welcome change. Auto steer still limited to 80 mph is not ideal, 85 mph would be so much better. Disappointing I didnt get the new full self driving visualization preview. I would like to see the new colors and new look. Not sure why not as it was one of the features of the new update I thought even if you don’t have FSD.
Is Auto steer still limited to 5mph over the speed limit on non-highways?

This may be a silly question, but new to this still. Does the car need to be connected to Wifi for the update to even appear, or is it just needed to download it? I live in an apartment building so my wifi does not make it down to the garage. I would need to hotspot it with my phone (my guess) for it to get wifi.

Thanks for any advice!

This may be a silly question, but new to this still. Does the car need to be connected to Wifi for the update to even appear, or is it just needed to download it? I live in an apartment building so my wifi does not make it down to the garage. I would need to hotspot it with my phone (my guess) for it to get wifi.

Thanks for any advice!
It does not need wifi for the update to appear just need wifi to download the update

Reactions: Sandmaster
Reactions: Jeremy3292
Limiting AP to 80 mph is also ridiculous when you can still set the auto cruise control to 90 mph. I know Elon said 3x or 10x or whatever capability of a human, but this is like 0.25x a human rn. Frustrating
I drove through the entirety of Utah a couple weeks past, which has an 80mph speed limit. I had to choose between using autosteer and being passsed by semi trucks.

Anyone else find games stuck "Waiting for update" after updating to 32.21? Both SkyForce Reloaded and Solitaire have been stuck since updating and the car has been connected to a strong wifi signal and the charger for 90% of the time since.