TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Visit to McGregor test site?

Discussion in 'SpaceX' started by e-FTW, Mar 4, 2017.

1. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Was wondering if anyone had swung by to see what a fanboy like myself can see at McGregor by showing up unannounced.
    Assuming not much, or we may be kept a few light-years away from anything interesting. But then again, I got to see so much coolness when I hung around HQ in Hawthorne, am curious what one could see in TX.

• Like x 1
  2. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

Yeah, not much at all. Rockets are used in warfare, so the information is supposed to be protected. McGregor is SpaceX's place for experimentation which means that it is their most protected area. I think you'll only be able to see things from outside the fencing and even then you may get accosted by security and told to leave. If that doesn't bother you then go ahead and give it a shot....

Good luck and thanks for sharing.

• Like x 1
  3. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Thanks, all good points.
    I have no immediate plans, but know that I will be in Austin for a week in August. Wondering is the drive up is worth it, with a pair of binoculars...

• Like x 1