TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Visiting Crystal Bridges Art Museum in NW Arkansas?

Discussion in 'North America' started by Jdcleary, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Jdcleary

Jdcleary Member

If you were considering visiting the new Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville, AR but couldn’t see any charge points in the area, perhaps you can help make that a reality. The museum is completely free and also the parking, including a parking area perfect for charge stations. I spoke with museum personnel and raised the question of installing HPWCs, or equivalents, and they seemed interested.

If you contacted the Museum http://crystalbridges.org/Contact-Us and told them about your interest and your need for a charge station this might encourage them to make a decision.

A 3-4 hour visit is just about the right amount of time for looking at the galleries and perhaps getting a bite to eat. By that time your battery could be completely charged. If you lived within 200 miles of NW Arkansas this might make a great day trip.

If you aren’t interested in the Museum but your destination has you traveling through NW Arkansas this could help get you another 200 miles. It will be 2015 before any Super Chargers are installed in Arkansas so this might be our best bet for a temporary solution.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I was just planning to stop at your place on my way through JD!

It is a good idea though, seems a great location for at least a L2 J1772 charger so Fayetteville, Ft.Smith, Rogers, and other area EV owners could drive their EVs.