Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visiting from Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're going to be in Sydney and NSW for most of November, and I'm curious if renting a Model S (or X or 3) is on offer? I have owned an MS since Nov 13, and would hate to have to rent an ICE for a run up to Brisbane, or anywhere for that matter. If you visit Seattle, maybe we could swap some time, or just let me know when you're coming and we'll try to make it available.

Reactions: Blue heaven
Well we don't have 3's here in Australia yet. Currently there are no companies renting out any Tesla's in Australia (as far as I know). If you do manage to swap with someone, much more thinking needs to go in to planning your trip. Unlike the US we only have 20 Super chargers across Australia. and about 200-300 km apart.

The US on the other hand you cant go 50km with out tripping over one (for the most part along highways)

Other than that wish you the best trip downunder and watch out for drop bears... a serious killer here...

• Funny
Reactions: Blue heaven
Thank you all for your thoughtful responses. I honestly hadn't expected to find a readily available MS, as I recognize how rare and expensive they remain in Australia. But as they say; "nothing ventured, nothing gained". We are both greatly looking forward to our visit, and will enjoy the drive from Sydney to Brisbane regardless.

You can checkout evee. It has a couple of Model S available to hire out in November with the owners based in Sydney

A long term rental is around AU$250 a day (no affiliation with anyone here)

www.evee.com.au

Edit: A second look at this site now shows the owners in different parts of the country. Looking at this site a few months ago had both these owners based out of Sydney

Last edited: