Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visiting Tesla stores across the US from Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, except I test drove mine one week before I ordered. Had to be sure it was love at first sight. :tongue: They only had one car then too, not counting the skeleton model.

I visited the Rocklin store/SC this weekend. Very nice, big facility. Seems like Tesla has a common model they are following for all stores to make them identical. How very Apple-like.[/QUOTE

I heard that the guy involved in the apple store design was hired by Tesla to design their stores.

Correct. That was George. George Blankenship. George retired a few months back.

Just came back from a trip to the Grand Cayman Islands. Governor's Square shopping center on Seven Mile Beach had two EV charging stations. Didn't stop to take a picture of it, though.

I found out that the average cost of electricity is over $600. It is around $0.60 per kWh for electricity. If you have air conditioning, the price does jump up. Gas is around CI$1.58 per liter which works out to be around US$7 per gallon. Big incentive for EVs there but I didn't see any Tessies the week I was there but did see a few EVs.

Last edited:
Just came back from a trip to the Grand Cayman Islands. Governor's Square shopping center on Seven Mile Beach had two EV charging stations. Didn't stop to take a picture of it, though.

I found out that the average cost of electricity is over $600. It is around $0.60 per kWh for electricity. If you have air conditioning, the price does jump up. Gas is around CI$1.58 per liter which works out to be around US$7 per gallon. Big incentive for EVs there but I didn't see any Tessies the week I was there but did see a few EVs.

Wow..I guess our $0.32+ kwh is a bargain !

Wow..I guess our $0.32+ kwh is a bargain !

At $0.32 per kWh, much less $0.60 per kWh, I can't understand why Solar PV is not popping up like weeds in my garden after a good rain... With 30% of the install cost paid by a tax credit, it must be easy to make the numbers work for solar PV.

Make more Solar Energy than your MS uses with net metering on the grid, and your MS is solar powered; that's what I do!

At $0.32 per kWh, much less $0.60 per kWh, I can't understand why Solar PV is not popping up like weeds in my garden after a good rain... With 30% of the install cost paid by a tax credit, it must be easy to make the numbers work for solar PV.

Make more Solar Energy than your MS uses with net metering on the grid, and your MS is solar powered; that's what I do!

How true! With my PV and my ability to charge at work, I have not seen any significant rise in my electric bill. I only see the hook up fee from HECO. And I do also have TOU turned on as well so I only charge after 10 pm.

we do have PV. Unfortunately, we are maxed out unless we are willing to comply with Hawaiian Electric's ridiculous new requirements for systems over 10kwh which treat them as commercial systems. So our electric bill is pretty much charging the Tesla which is still half of what I was paying for gas.

Like anything else, technology needs to continue to improve. It would be great if the storage of energy was efficient and cheap that you could potentially live off the grid. We also have to deal with Utility companies that are afraid of losing revenue, as we all suspect HECO, our local electric company, are doing by their policies that delay the installation of PVs. At one time, HECO was requiring a study in neighborhoods where the penetrance was nearly full and was requiring the consumer to pay for the study. Now, the solar companies need to get approval from HECO for all the new installs. This, after the law was changed to require that new homes built need to have PVs installed.

When I had mine installed, we got the max state tax credits. Then the law was changed to lower the tax credits allowed. The State was losing money on tax revenues so the legislature changed the law. Bureaucracy at work.

Pics from the Palo Alto Showroom/Service Center. Funny thing is that they are next to a McLaren Showroom.. The sales girl said they've gone on test rides with the P85D and pulled up to the Mclaren test rides but they never want to race...lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

They had had bunch of roadsters there too.
image.jpg

I went to the SC and Showroom while visiting Portland. I even got to drive the 70D with the next gen seats. Very cool. I was stopped by the SC and Showroom in Las Vegas. The Titanium Metallic and the Deep Blue Metallic look awesome. I also got a voicemail from Cheryl at SC, letting me know about the new 70D and if I am interested in a trade in.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1429246156.843695.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1429246156.843695.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 186
drtko, ...and? ...a-n-d ? What did you say? Inquiring minds want to know.

The Ocean Blue in the sunlight in Las Vegas is a beautiful color. The photos on the Tesla website don't do the colors justice. I actually was looking for a Tesla jacket in my size. So far, no luck. I did buy a blanket for my wife, though. I even got to drive the 70D a little in Washington Square (mostly to help move it closer to the charger). Mainly, I went to check out the new colors. nanimac, you will absolutely love the color you ordered. It is a very stylish color. But I still like the titanium silver.

The Ocean Blue in the sunlight in Las Vegas is a beautiful color. The photos on the Tesla website don't do the colors justice. I actually was looking for a Tesla jacket in my size. So far, no luck. I did buy a blanket for my wife, though. I even got to drive the 70D a little in Washington Square (mostly to help move it closer to the charger). Mainly, I went to check out the new colors. nanimac, you will absolutely love the color you ordered. It is a very stylish color. But I still like the titanium silver.

I can't wait to see the ocean blue in person...it looks different in every picture I see and the sample at the SC just isn't enough. :smile:

I love how all of our mainland trips incorporate Tesla somehow!

I can't wait to see the ocean blue in person...it looks different in every picture I see and the sample at the SC just isn't enough. :smile:

I love how all of our mainland trips incorporate Tesla somehow!

I should have taken a picture of the Ocean Blue parked outside. But then, the picture would not do it justice. Are you making a trip up to the mainland anytime soon before you get yours?

This is about the nicest photo I have seen that closely represents it.
tesla-model-S-70D-designboom02-818x481.jpg

Nanimac,
No worries... I'll just snap a photo of my ocean blue Tesla while you're waiting for yours to arrive ; ). Setting up for a Portland, Oregon, delivery. The photo that drtko shared is now my computer desktop and exactly how I want the color to look. Very stoked. We don't have that long to wait (fingers crossed).

Nanimac,
No worries... I'll just snap a photo of my ocean blue Tesla while you're waiting for yours to arrive ; ). Setting up for a Portland, Oregon, delivery. The photo that drtko shared is now my computer desktop and exactly how I want the color to look. Very stoked. We don't have that long to wait (fingers crossed).

Since you're picking up on the mainland, you might just get yours before mine again!:eek: